Mt Fuji in a day (from Tokyo)

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Removed User 08 Aug 2018

I am guessing Mt. Fuji in a day is unlikely from Shinjuku especially in terms of transport logistics. How about going up in the afternoon and bivvying high up, would this be tolerated in high season?

Would be going end of August.

I realise Expedition & Alpine is probably not the right forum...

Post edited at 16:09
 adambwalls 08 Aug 2018
In reply to Removed User:

You can definitely get up and off it in a day - and if you started early from Tokyo and made sure you checked the public transport back you should be able to get back to Tokyo OK as well.

McHeath 08 Aug 2018

I think I'd be nervous bivvying on an active volcano, even if the last eruption was in 1708. Could have its advantages though; the descent may not take as long as you were expecting. 

Dave Garnett 08 Aug 2018
In reply to adambwalls:

> You can definitely get up and off it in a day - and if you started early from Tokyo and made sure you checked the public transport back you should be able to get back to Tokyo OK as well.

My son is on his way back from Japan right now and I’m pretty sure he did Fuji in a day from Tokyo.  I’ll be able to ask him tomorrow.

Dave the Rave 08 Aug 2018

I thing Karl Pilkington did it in a day and didn’t enjoy it .

MischaHY 09 Aug 2018

Can't remember how long the drive is from Tokyo but certainly Fuji won't give you any bother in a day. Don't forget to run down! 

chiroshi 09 Aug 2018

Only time i've done it we travelled the night before, then summited for sunrise. Obviously depends on the time of year, but it can get incredibly hot and humid if you climb during the day. Be prepared to be overtaken by spritely octogenarians!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...