Mountain Guiding Company Recommendations?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Marty 22 16 Mar 2023

I'm wondering if anyone has feedback on a guiding company named International School of Mountaineering (ISM) in the UK?  

I'm considering the Monte Rosa 4000ers tour this August.  Unfortunately I can't travel earlier due to work.

Additionally, anybody think there is a high risk completing this trip?  Not sure if hazards and rockfall risks have increased like what's being reported for Mont Blanc.

https://www.alpin-ism.com/courses/summer-mountaineering/monte-rosa-4000ers

Thanks!

Abe

JSTaylor 16 Mar 2023
In reply to Marty 22:

ISM are probably the longest established English speaking guiding company for the Alps.  Previous "managing directors" - John Harlin; Dougal Haston; Peter Boardman and Pat Littlejohn.  Now Adrian Nelhams, who was British Mountain Guides' Technical Director for a number of years.  Use a mix of IFMGA guides from mainly UK and Italy.  You'll be in good hands - highly recommend them. 

August - can be problematic depending on the previous winter and the summer heat in any given year. On balance, not the best time of the year for the Alps now!  Worth chatting to ISM. 

AdrianWalter 18 Mar 2023
In reply to Marty 22:

Another recommendation for ISM. I’ve done many great trips and courses with ISM over the years; alpinism, ski, ice and they are always super professional but also relaxed and friendly. By being flexible they can navigate the weather and conditions to make sure you have a great experience.

Fiona Reid 18 Mar 2023
In reply to Marty 22:

Used them many years back and couldn't fault them in any way. 

joe245 15 Apr 2023
In reply to Marty 22:

100% recommend ISM. I’ve done 2 trips with them, they’re great. If you have any concerns about the trip I’d suggest giving Adrian at ISM a call and he will be able to talk everything through.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...