Mont Blanc partner late September 28th

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Sean001 11 Aug 2018

looking for a partner to rope up with on 28th of September to climb Mont Blanc I have limited experience. Any advice would be welcome also.

McHeath 12 Aug 2018
In reply to Sean001:

Ok here's the advice! :

1. maybe you should clarify "limited experience"?

2. Will you be acclimatised?

Misha 12 Aug 2018
In reply to McHeath:

3. Have you got a crystal ball to confirm that the weather and conditions will be suitable on 28 September?

Wildabeast 12 Aug 2018
In reply to Sean001:

also clarify which route...

OP Sean001 14 Aug 2018
In reply to Wildabeast:

no experience also not climbing any other mountains in the area because I have a small window to make the summit and back the chamonix 

OP Sean001 14 Aug 2018
In reply to Wildabeast:

Gouter route walking from the bottom up via the belle vue cable cart route as the cables are not running on the 28th 

Misha 14 Aug 2018
In reply to Sean001:

Well if you have no experience, no time to learn some basics and acclimatise by climbing a lower 4,000er first and no flexibility with your schedule, I'd say you've got almost no chance of getting up and back down the mountain. For a start, the weather may well be poor or there could be too much fresh snow on the route. Besides, even if you're really fit, you'll probably grind to a halt at the Gouter hut due to not being acclimatised, unless you're one of the very few people who are lucky enough to be able to operate at 4,000+ metres without acclimatisation. Not to mention needing to have at least basic crampon skills so you don't slide off - there are a few steepish bits on snow and some exposed sections with steep drops on either side. There are reasons why people usually allow at least a week for a summit attempt!Sorry if that sounds harsh but it's important to be realistic.

MG 14 Aug 2018
In reply to Misha:

Correct.

More positively, there are plenty of more achievable things that you could do on 28th September in and near Chamonix, including lower but worthwhile peaks if the weather is good.

alpinero 14 Aug 2018
In reply to Sean001:

Troll. 

OP Sean001 31 Aug 2018
In reply to alpinero:

I’m not a troll I’m going regardless I know the route I know it’s challenging but I’m giving it a try if the altitude sickness affects me I’ll head back down, I have the mental strength to push my self I’m not weak.

McHeath 01 Sep 2018
In reply to Sean001:

How was the trip, did you get back safely?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...