Mixed/ice conditions in mont blanc this November?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 im off 17 Sep 2019

Anyone know if mixed climbing conditions in mont blanc are likely to be comming into condition this autumn. Or direct me to usefull websites. 

Thankyou

alexm198 17 Sep 2019
In reply to im off:

Get the tea leaves out lads!

No but seriously, it was another ridiculously hot, dry summer. So unless there are some major autumn storms with wet snowfall and then cold temps it seems unlikely. Hopefully someone who lives there can weigh in with more info.

OP im off 17 Sep 2019
In reply to alexm198:

Ok, no need for sarcastic comments. I should have maybe put.....are present conditions conducive to any ice build up this autumn.

I haven't kept up to speed with amount of precipitation and snowfall so was wondering if the alps were still very dry. 

Keep you're tea leaves to yourself thanks.

A simple...no there's no snow etc would do. But do you actually know recent snow fall anyway?

Typical ukc response.....I'll give u that

TomGB 17 Sep 2019
In reply to im off:

We had a reasonably wet start to September but it's been warm and dry for a while now. Forecast is to remain that way for the foreseeable. Obviously it's up in the air what October will bring but right now everything is very dry, bergschrunds are big etc. 

Chamonix meteo is the most reliable valley forecast even if they do indulge in some fruity language

Post edited at 13:43
OP im off 17 Sep 2019
In reply to TomGB:

Thanks Tom.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...