Medicine for neurotic mountaineers. Hathersage

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

The annual mountain medicine weekend supported by the BMC and British Mountain Medicine Society (BMMS) will be held in Hathersage over the weekend 8/9 June and bookings are now open via the BMC website ( https://www.thebmc.co.uk/training-courses-with-the-bmc ). This two day event is run by volunteer doctors, paramedics and dentists with mountain medicine experience ranging from sport and competition climbing, rock and ice climbing, hillwalking, ski touring and expedition climbing to over 8000m. It is all scenario based teaching in small discussion groups and new this year is an "Ask the Expert" where individuals can discuss specific problems in confidence on a one to one basis. It is approved for UK instructors and British Guides for CPD points. 

Socially there will be a BMC BBQ on the Saturday night and a talk by Mick Fowler.

Book NOW. 

David Hillebrandt. BMC Hon Medical Advisor

jk25002 23 Mar 2019
In reply to David Hillebrandt:

I suspect this might be relevant to all mountaineers, not just the neurotic ones...

I don't think it's helpful to label as neurotic those with an interest in a topic which could potentially be lifesaving. Not sure how the word neurotic will help encourage uptake here either...

The misuse of the label neurotic is perhaps a bugbear of mine, so I may have taken seriously what was meant as a joke.

McHeath 23 Mar 2019

I agree with jk - sounds very interesting and relevant for all. And I love the combination "neurotic" and "Mick Fowler", who's probably the last climber who'd spring to my mind in this respect (not that many would anyway ...) - hope a good time is had by all!

JayPee630 23 Mar 2019

Very odd title, especially coming from a medical professional, was it an auto-correct mistake?

Post edited at 18:06
 McHeath 23 Mar 2019
In reply to JayPee630:

> Very odd title (...) was it an auto-correct mistake?

Yes; "Hathersage" should read "Have a sausage".

In reply to jk25002:

Well it got you and 723 other people to read it!

Cheers

Dave H

jonnie3430 24 Mar 2019

> Well it got you and 723 other people to read it!

Until you find out it's £100 for a volunteer course.

planetmarshall 24 Mar 2019
In reply to jonnie3430:

> Until you find out it's £100 for a volunteer course.

Sounds like a bargain to me. You don't like it, no one's forcing you to attend.

jonnie3430 24 Mar 2019
In reply to planetmarshall:

Thanks for that. Have a thumbs up. 

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...