Les Courtes and Les Droites North face

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 kevinroet 07 Feb 2013
Was wondering whether someone can tell me what time of year these routes are being climbed? I'm in Cham for 3 weeks in the July and was wondering whether its realistic that these are climbed then, or will there be a lack of ice/snow then.
 GridNorth 07 Feb 2013
In reply to kevinroet: The question is impossible to answer so far in advance.
 Ben Briggs 07 Feb 2013
In reply to kevinroet: generally July will be a bit late for the ice routes like the Swiss on les courtes or ginat on les droites which normally get climbed in winter and spring or some autumns. The ne spur on les droites is rock and then mixed at the top and is often climbed in summer and probably your best bet. Of course conditions vary massively from year to year so they could be in condition, you will just have to wait and see.
 Mr. Lee 07 Feb 2013
In reply to kevinroet:

I would say virtually no chance to be honest. These faces come into condition during winter/spring. Even May is usually getting too late.
OP kevinroet 07 Feb 2013
In reply to kevinroet: thanks guys
In reply to Mr. Lee:
> (In reply to kevinroet)
>
> I would say virtually no chance to be honest. These faces come into condition during winter/spring. Even May is usually getting too late.

Has this changed due to global warming as I remember climbing them mid summer in the 1980s?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...