La Sportiva G2 Evo sizing

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Hello All.

Looking for advice on sizing the La Sportiva G2 Evo. Live in the Middle East where there are no physical stores and hence will need to buy online before my expedition in Nepal.

These would be my first mountaineering boot, so the only point of comparison would be my hiking boots which are Solomon in size 41.5 and Salewa in 41.

Am a new member, so please forgive any errors on my part.

Warm regards,

Rajesh

Jamie Hageman 13 Sep 2022
In reply to Rajesh Kolakkal:

For La Sportiva, I take the average of my regular day shoes - trainers, running shoes etc - which is about a UK 10.5.  I then add on 1.5 to make UK12, and that is what I am in Sportiva Winter boots - G2 and Batura II.  For the EU sizing, UK 10.5 is about a 45, UK12 is a 47, so add 2.

If you generally wear a size 40 in trainers etc, then a 42 for the G2 Evo would be the one.  If you're closer to a 41 in trainers, then a 43 would be the way to go.  You need plenty of room for thick socks and room for toes to move around.

In reply to Jamie Hageman:

Thanks for your response.

If I have to go up by 1.5 EU sizes, would that mean that the La Sportiva G2 Evo runs significantly small to size? Or is the bigger size only to accommodate thick socks and toe room? This would help me decide on sizing up by 1 versus 1.5 EU.

Cheers

Tom Briggs 14 Sep 2022

The confusion with La Sportiva sizing is that their European sizes do not correspond with UK sizes the same as other brands. A 46 is a UK 11.5 in their sizing, not a UK 11.

I take a 46 in a G2 SM and a 46 in all my other shoes/trainers (apart from Scarpa where I take a 45.5).

If I were you I’d order either a 41.5 or a 42 (assuming the Evo sizing is the same as the original SM!)

Juanito London 15 Sep 2022

Hello Rajesh,

Salomon does not size 41.5 EUR, it does 41 1/3 (smaller than 41.5) and 42 (7.5 and 8 UK respectively). I share my experience. I have a Salomon Sense Ride 4 shoes and a Quest Prime boots in size 9 Uk (43 1/3 EUR) with not too much toe room. However, in La Sportiva I use a Nepal Evo boots (old model) in size 43.5 EUR (sligthly bigger than a 43 1/3)  and a G2 SM in size 44.5 EUR. 

If you use Salomon 41 1/3 and you still have a very good toe room, I would go for a size 43 in La Sportiva G2 Evo, if not, a 43.5. 

Regards.

outnabout 05 Oct 2022

I have same size G2 as my shoes, but then I wear thin socks in them for precision fit using BOA and my feet do not get cold in this boot as was designed for winter Himalayan ascents.

Each to their own.

Matej 16 Oct 2022

In reply to Rajesh Kolakkal: With La Sportiva it is always a bit tricky. I have to say that without physically being in the store trying their shoes, I would not buy them. La Sportiva has completely wrong sizes and they differ a lot. So better for you to travel to any country wherever there is a store with mountaineering boots and try them first. Also, La Sportiva shoes are somehow very narrow so at the end you may go for Scarpa.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...