Krederici Hut - help please?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Babika 26 Jun 2019

I'm planning to climb Triglav (without a guide) in September and want to stay a couple of nights at the Krederici Hut. 

Unfortunately no amount of emails or phone calls direct to the Hut are getting any response? I rang another hut who gave me the telephone number of the Krederici weather station, but understandably they didn't want to book me a room. 

Does anyone know how to book this elusive hut? 

I am wondering if its a stitch up with the local guides - a bit like the Hornli - whereby if you have the audacity to climb the mountain unguided then you are definitely at the back of the queue for accommodation. In fact you can't have any!

Any advice welcome...

Joak 26 Jun 2019
In reply to Babika:

I've stayed in the Krederici hut a few times in July and August. I might have phoned the hut once a couple of days before hand when I did it with my son, rest of the times I just turned up and got a bed no probs. I would expect it to be relatively quiet in September. 

OP Babika 26 Jun 2019
In reply to Joak:

Brilliant! Thanks for that

It's a bit nerve wracking making a long journey and climb without a definite bed space, but I guess like many mountain places they won't turn you out even if you have to sleep in the floor! 

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...