Jebel Siroua,  Anti-Atlas' highest peak?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Dave Williams 12 Apr 2020

Exactly one month ago today, Don Sargeant and I summited Jebel Siroua, at 3300m, the highest peak in the Moroccan Anti-Atlas.

For those unfamiliar with it (most folk?!), Jebel  Siroua's an extremely remote mountain located on the very far eastern side of the Anti-Atlas, a peak that's far more remote than Toubkal and, in comparison, which makes an ascent of the far more well-known Jebel el Kest look like a very short and easy stroll.

(Jebel Siroua's normally climbed as part of a 6 day trek, but following a 3 day recon last autumn, plus much helpful advice gleaned from local Berber herders, Don and I managed to do it, car to car, in a single extremely long, full-on day, with a 15-16 mile walk-in and out and about 3000m of total ascent/descent.)

So while I was musing as to how much has drastically changed in a single month,  I was just wondering if any other UKCers have ventured onto Siroua in the past?

mysterion 15 Apr 2020
In reply to Dave Williams:

> So while I was musing as to how much has drastically changed in a single month,  I was just wondering if any other UKCers have ventured onto Siroua in the past?

No, but it did look kind of interesting

Post edited at 06:52
 doz 15 Apr 2020
In reply to Dave Williams:

Sounds like a grand day out Dave- got some pictures to share?... Not been there but did climb Tahat in the Hoggar when i was 18. Hitched and walked from Scotland... Seem to remember it taking more than a day but then again my memory's getting unreliable these days

john arran 15 Apr 2020
In reply to doz:

> Hitched and walked from Scotland... Seem to remember it taking more than a day

I'd be mightily impressed if it didn't!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...