Guiding companies for ascent of Putha Hiunchuli Oct/Nov 2022

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 JDaniel 27 Aug 2022

Hi

I'm finalising a trip to Nepal for this autumn and am in the last throes of deciding which company to go with. I want to use a local operator, having used locals in various places before and had good experiences. Sadly, the one I know in Nepal doesn't operate above 6500m, and my goal this time is 7200m.

Many of the websites contain amber warning features such as spelling and grammar mistakes, but with Nepalese operators writing in English I'm not convinced that should rule them out. Reviews are provided on websites, but whether they're to be taken at face value is really part of the question.

I'd like to know whether anyone can provide any info, good, bad or neutral, on any of the following:

• ProTrek
  • Asian-Trekking
  • Highland Expeditions

Obviously experiences of Putha Hiunchuli would be best, but anything relating to 7000m or 8000m ascents would be very helpful, as this distinguishes mountaineering from trekking. Suggestions of good local operators not on the list above are also welcome.

Kimberley 28 Aug 2022
In reply to JDaniel:

Is it just you or a number of people?

Have you considered going with a UK company such as Jagged Globe going to Himlung Himal ?

OP JDaniel 07 Sep 2022
In reply to Kimberley:

Just me.

Yes - I have considered it. I'd prefer to deal direct with a local if I can find a good one. I've done that before, in Nepal, Ecuador and Russia.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...