Greenland

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Anyone used Tangent as their agent to access East Greenland in the last few years?
Any comments?
 Rob Grant 23 Nov 2012
In reply to Dave Wynne-Jones: We used them to go to Renland in 2008. Everything went very well.
 Damo 23 Nov 2012
In reply to Dave Wynne-Jones:

Dave, I guess you've seen the flight logistics have changed for this, and future, seasons? Seems to mean more limited places and different routing.

I haven't been, but had looked into it (for GBF & EMF) and been in contact with PaulW over the years.
In reply to Damo:
Thanks for the heads up on this Damo but I was aware. Looks like 2 years of finding a scheduled alternative to flying direct from Iceland to East Greenland. There is a charter flight but no guarantee that it will not be cancelled if client numbers don't justify the flight. Looks like Air Greenland from Copenhagen via Kangerlussuaq is the cheapest scheduled option from the UK as flights to Copenhagen with easyjet are a lot cheaper than flights to Iceland.
Why did you end up not going after your earlier investigations?
 johnhowell 26 Nov 2012
We were there last summer doing geology fieldwork. We flew to Iceland and then to Constable Point. We were based out of the airbase there although we camped most of the time. We used Polog for logistics and they were very good. Not sure if that helps.
Amazing place, have fun
John
 Stuart Howard 04 Dec 2012
In reply to Dave Wynne-Jones: Dave, myself and my climbing partner Dave Swinburne used Paul Walker in 2005. He sorted our logistics and we 'tagged onto' a flight taking three clients and guide of Tangents. He was happy for us to act as independents and meet up 4 weeks later at an agreed RV. Paul was excellent, flexible and highly professional. For further info. See AAJ and Alpine Journals for 2007 (we submitted too late for the 2006 editions! All the best, Stuart Howard
In reply to Stuart Howard:
Thanks to everyone who came back to me on this both here and by email.
Anyone who wants any info as a result is welcome to get in touch.
 Robert Durran 19 Dec 2012
> Flights to Copenhagen with easyjet are a lot cheaper than flights to Iceland.

Easyjet now fly to Reykjavik from Luton, Manchester and Edinburgh.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...