Family friendly campsite

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 team fat belly 23 Jun 2020

I am looking for some advice on family friendly campsites around the alps. I know France and italy reasonably well but would happily consider Germany or Austria.

Criteria is:

Not too long a drive from the UK

A suitable lake or river for children playing in easily available

Some local easy bouldering or family friendly sports climbing venue

Some family friendly walking or even better bike riding near the campsite.

If all this means foothills rather than alps proper that is fine. Any advice is appreciated either in general location or specific campsites.

Cheers,

Rigid Raider 23 Jun 2020
In reply to team fat belly:

For family camping I would avoid the Alps for their habit of making lots of rain in the afternoons during summer. I would go somewhere less frequented like the Tarn area, which has good swimming rivers and plenty of climbing. 

Andy Hardy 23 Jun 2020

Have a look round Annecy there's loads of sports crags, via ferrata, swimming, etc. Not too sure about bouldering though.

Heike 23 Jun 2020

I can recommend the  Ötztal, Camping Längenfeld. It has all what you require, it has a stream close by, it has free use of the adjacent open air swimming pool, lots of car free cycling routes round the valley, easily accessible crags all over the valley (you can cycle from campground) some of the crags even have playgrounds at the bottom to allow for family friendliness, there are several via ferrata and there are also easy multi pitches. The walking is stunning. Had a great ten days there last year. There are also other attractions like the Ötziland and some expensive posh luxury pool with slides etc.

https://www.camping-oetztal.com

https://www.oetztal.com/summer.html

Post edited at 10:11
 Toerag 23 Jun 2020

Do a search, this question has been asked recently (past 6 months).

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...