European Refuges and Huts

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Bojo 27 Dec 2021

Does anyone know if there are any indications re the likely status(Covid wise) of huts and refuges in Europe? Are the likely to be open in the summer of next year(2022)?

Doug 27 Dec 2021
In reply to Bojo:

how long is a piece of string ? I doubt anyone can give you a definitive answer till nearer the time but many were open last summer so unless the situation gets much worse I suspect they'll be open in 2022 as well. But, at least in France, expect to need proof of vaccination to be allowed in.

OP Bojo 27 Dec 2021
In reply to Doug:

Thanks. Thankfully I'm likely to be in the position of booking travel almost at the last minute.

OP Bojo 28 Dec 2021
In reply to Doug:

> how long is a piece of string ? I doubt anyone can give you a definitive answer till nearer the time but many were open last summer so unless the situation gets much worse I suspect they'll be open in 2022 as well. But, at least in France, expect to need proof of vaccination to be allowed in.

What sort of rules or restrictions were imposed?(beyond normal refuge etiquetter)

Doug 28 Dec 2021
In reply to Bojo:

This is for the CAF huts, part is in English

https://www.ffcam.fr/covid-19-ffcam-refuges.html

Toerag 29 Dec 2021
In reply to Bojo:

I think it depends which country they're in - recently Austrian huts have had fewer restrictions than German ones.

All of the huts in European alps have been open for the last two summers. I'd be surprised if it wasn't the same again next year, but as we all know nothing is certain. 

Expect to gave to show proof of vaccination. Some places have strict protocols, in lots of others it's as if covid doesn't exist above 2000m...

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...