Loading Notifications...

Dolomites lately anyone?

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
 Santiago111 11 Sep 2020

Hi - want to go to the dolomites Monday! 
has anyone been recently and / or know whether huts, refugios , campsites , places to stay are open in the dolomites with Covid going on etc? 

SteveSBlake 12 Sep 2020
In reply to Santiago111:

There at the moment, Corvara, Misurina and below Falzarago campsites open. Huts open. Everything seems to start closing end of Sept. We’ve experienced good weather...

Not particularly crowded, masks required everywhere with folks complying. 

Santiago111 12 Sep 2020
In reply to SteveSBlake:

Thank you extremely useful (and needed!) 

beardy mike 12 Sep 2020
In reply to Santiago111:

We are certainly open as Casa Alfredino. Places start to shut mid september as do some lifts. September weather is often some of the best all year.

In reply to Santiago111:

Finding this chat useful, thanks! I am planning to visit Corvara next week (flying Sunday 27th Sep). It will be my first Via Ferrata and first time in Italy. I chose Corvara because the Via Ferrata "Piz da Cir V" does not depend on lifts/gondolas being operational, as I read in the guidebook that they can start to shut down in September. We're flying into Marco Polo, renting a car, roadtripping to Corvara. Got our masks, got our sanitiser. Do you think our plan sounds alright? 

beardy mike 20 Sep 2020
In reply to Martin Southville:

Strictly speaking all via ferrata is not dependant on lifts 😂. You just have to use the long gangly things at the bottom end of your body called legs. Yes, not a bad plan. Sass di stria too which has a nice new easy route on it aswell as the old route which is easy but worthit fir the history. And if you want to step it up, the tridentina is great especially late seasin when there are less crowds...

SteveSBlake 20 Sep 2020
In reply to Martin Southville:

There's also a fun VF out of Val de Lunga, above Val Gardena, just over the pass from Corvara.

The campsite in Corvara is expensive, but very good facilities.

beardy mike 20 Sep 2020
In reply to SteveSBlake:

The VF in Vallunga has been dismantled as new fixed routes in the confines of national park are prohibited and it was constructed without permission. Lots of other options though. Nuvolau, Averau, Col dei Bos, the Possnecker amongst many others.

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.