Denali Climbing guidebook

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 arose 02 Sep 2020

Can anyone recommend a guidebook for Denali?  Even better if you have a decent one and would like to sell it on I might be keen to buy it.  I was trying to find the Supertopo Alaska climbing guide but not sure if it has been superseeded by something else these days.  Cheers

ebdon 02 Sep 2020
In reply to arose:

I've used the supertopo one (although not actually for Denali itself, for other routes in the area) this was 2016 and it was certainly the best guidebook around then, we got the digital version and just printed what we wanted.

d_b 02 Sep 2020
In reply to arose:

I have an old but never used copy of a guide to the west buttress that you can have for nowt, but I get the feeling you are after something more technical.

vscott 02 Sep 2020
In reply to arose:

Supertopo probably your best bet - usefully has details of day routes around Kahiltna BC as alternative options.  

OP arose 02 Sep 2020
In reply to arose:

Thanks folks.  A mate just sent me the Super Topo one on PDF - I'll stick with that just now though I like the idea of a proper book more!

In reply to arose:

The High Alaska book is super useful, part guidebook, part history, super inspiring: https://www.mountaineers.org/books/books/high-alaska

Try and get hold of Issue 24 of Alpinist Mag, it has a profile of Denali that's similarly useful/inspiring.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...