Charging electronic devices when climbing

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Shannon_G123 13 Nov 2019

Hi,

I'm a university 4th year Product Design Student and I need help with my research of the mountaineering market to assist with my design decisions in my final year project.

-Do you use any methods of recharging/generating power for your electronic devices when out climbing, if so what types?

-Do the current methods on the market satisfy your needs or do you feel there could be improvements?

If you could spare just 2 minutes and fill out my anonymous survey I would really appreciate it: (https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/ZFMZYXW)

I am currently investigating into problems of a lack of continuous, renewable power to charge electronic devices when outdoors mountaineering at various altitudes and temperatures. I look to solve this problem which would result in less dependency on mains electricity, less disposable waste and the encouragement of using more sustainable forms of power generation.

Any responses would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Ffat Boi 13 Nov 2019
In reply to Shannon_G123:

Done

tlouth7 14 Nov 2019

I hope you get some useful data!

Please post a summary of your findings at the end of the project (or even just the survey results).

Neil Williams 14 Nov 2019

Done, though I doubt I'll be much use to you as I prefer a power bank over having to faff about setting e.g. solar devices up - I'd rather address the sustainability issue at the point of generating the mains power that I chuck in it, not that mobile phone charging is a particularly significant use of it - I saw it quoted elsewhere at approximately £1 per year's worth.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...