Cassin. Piz badile. This Saturday. No chance?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 im off 01 Sep 2020

https://www.mountain-forecast.com/peaks/Piz-Badile/forecasts/3308

Hello again peeps.

Please please please advise an average punter hoping to have fun and stay alive.

So I'm wondering if cassin may be in some degree of condition by friday or saturday.

I've messaged sasc fura but not hearing back.....

This mountain forecast.com seems fairly good. Dusting of snow at present. Dry today. More snow wed then dry thur fri sat.....but not that much above freezing. 

????good chance itll be covered in snow???? 

All suggestions, expert advise, scaldings etc welcome 🙂.

Dave Garnett 01 Sep 2020
In reply to im off:

It's difficult to say, but looking at the meteo numbers, it seems to me that there might still be snow on the North face, especially the upper part, by Saturday.  All I would say is that you shouldn't underestimate how much harder it would be if there is, and take into account that the exit chimneys are very likely to be icy.  All this then means having to take a lot more gear than we took when we did it in early August last year (which, as it happens, was rather less than we should have!).

Have you done the North Ridge?  If you don't mind doing that (I haven't, but it looks brilliant) then you could go up to the hut and decide when you get there.  You don't really get a good look at the face until you get right up to the Notch, but you can easily change your mind and do the Ridge if you don't like the look of it.  

OP im off 01 Sep 2020
In reply to Dave Garnett:

Thanks dave. Decided to go to the peak instead😂. Will wait for better weather window. Hopefully all this crap weather will build up some good ice mixed routes toward winter. 

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...