Best via ferrata route near Interlaken?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 arvinw 30 Aug 2018

Having a whole day to spare after my Jungfrau trip, would love to do a via ferrata route in the area. Found the below link showing the list of via ferrata routes in Interlaken but cannot decide. Anyone got good recommendation? Thanks a lot.

https://www.outdooractive.com/en/via-ferrata-routes/interlaken/via-ferrata-...

jdgaventa 31 Aug 2018
In reply to arvinw:

I did the ones in Murren and Kandersteg recently. The Murren one is mostly a protected walk in the woods but has a few wonderfully exposed moments, as well as great views of the Eiger, Monch And Jungfrau. It goes downhill rather than up, which forces you to look down at the drop below! Took about 1h15, pre-breakfast (so there was no one else on it to get stuck behind). The one in Kandersteg is more challenging: quite steep in places and sustained exposure. It took us about 2.5 hours, followed by a long pleasant hike down (there is a cable car too). 

rockcatch 31 Aug 2018
In reply to arvinw:

I was there a few years ago, and did three. The Schwarzhorn was a good full day out, although the Via Ferrara part of it wasn’t particularly long compared to the rest of the day. Rotstock was an easy VF where clipping in felt a bit excessive most of the way. The main highlight of that one was it being on the north side of the Eiger. Murren was an enjoyable 2 hour route, with quite a variety including descending some steep rock on staples, a wire bridge, and a Nepal Bridge. Of course the routes may have changed since I did them. 

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...