Arben Bivi Hut

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Jaylaz 01 Aug 2019

Does anyone know if there currently is a gas stove, gas and pans at the Arben Hut?  Climbing the Arbengrat this weekend.

Thanks Jay

Post edited at 14:23
 Pero 01 Aug 2019
In reply to Jaylaz:

Best to check with the Zermatt Guides office.  There were when I was there (two years ago) but I don't know whether you can 100% rely on it.

MG 01 Aug 2019
In reply to Jaylaz:

There was in 1999, if that helps!  I'd be surprised if there wasn't.  Most Swiss huts are well equipped - take some cash as there will be a fee. The Arbengrat is excellent!!

Alan.T 01 Aug 2019
In reply to MG:

A fee? Do you know if there's an honesty box? Not sure if an unmanned bivouac hut means free or if there is a facility to donate.

EwanR 01 Aug 2019
In reply to Alan.T:

It's 33 CHF per person (23 if a member of an alpine club) - unmanned does not mean free as it costs a lot to maintain the place and provide gas. 

Fewer and fewer unmanned huts have a box to pay - normally you take a payment slip and either pay online (if you have a Swiss bank account) or at a bank or post office once you get back down.

https://sac.zermatt.ch/verein/arbenbiwak/

MG 01 Aug 2019
In reply to Alan.T:

Yes, you need to pay in Swiss bivis.  There is a book to fill in normally and any guide will check that you have indeed paid.

Alan.T 02 Aug 2019
In reply to MG:

Thanks for info, we'll pop in to post office to sort it.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...