Alpine Partner for easy 4000ms in August

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 jclive 31 Jul 2022

Hi,

I am looking for a partner for some easy 4000ms anywhere in the alps, say monta rosa or saas fee, or Gran Paradiso,  I am free all weekends for the whole of August.

Anything AD or sport climbing up to 6b, near Chamonix or Chablais is good also.

Please DM me. 

Post edited at 18:10
 Alfrede 01 Aug 2022
In reply to jclive:Hi. I am going to be in Saas on the AC club meet from the 27th August, but will be in the Valais, based in Grachen, for the week before from the 19th. I intend to go out to Chamonix earlier by train from my home in France but my dates are vague at the moment. I was struck down by Covid in Chamonix three weeks ago and am still recovering. I hope to go back to Cham around the 12th but need to wait another week to see how recovery goes. I planned a big summer of 4000m peaks but the Covid disaster and the terrible conditions have rather messed my plans up. A lot of the peaks I planned are probably unacceptably dangerous at present, but I imagine Gran Paradiso would be ok. If I do make it out to Chamonix and the Valais I will let you know. I am comfortable and experienced at AD and have 18 summits under my belt already. If you find a more reliable partner, then go with it of course! But I will keep in touch just in case. 

euanballantyne 10 Aug 2022
In reply to jclive:

Hi - I fly into Geneva on thur the 18th aug and out on the 25th, but cutting it short most likely to the Monday given the conditions. Have booked the ginifetti hut to do a few 4000ers from the Italian side of monte Rosa range from gressony that weekend and could pick you up on route? That said could change plans to elsewhere to suit as would be nice to have a partner given conditions. 

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...