Albania Hiking Map

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Miskawroe 21 Feb 2023

Hi,

Does anyone know which map is most appropriate for Northern Albania? Theth, Valbona, Koman & Fierze area if possible.

Thanks.

daviemore 21 Feb 2023
In reply to Miskawroe:

I was there last june and couldnt find any accurate maps. The Huber maps are probably the best actual maps, at least for an overview. The best compromise I found was using the Outdooractive App (needs a subscription) which gives you a choice of openstreetmap and a topo. Some paths are on one but not the other and vice versa - you have to take your pick. You need to download them as there is limited reception.  

Theres loads of info online for the peaks of the balkans area but the best resource I found for the area north of Lake Komani was: http://albanianchallenge.org/en/ 

However, the people organising this dont appear to have been back recently, so the paths are already becoming overgrown. This is a shame as this is a great area. Go there while they still exist.

nniff 21 Feb 2023
In reply to Miskawroe:

Possibly an answer which isn't much help, but perhaps a starting point, is the weather app Windy.  If you zoom in, their maps are very detailed - buildings, paths, contours etc.  What the source is, I am not sure

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...