Winterwatch - TV to lift the spirits

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Queenie 21 Jan 2021

We're two days into BBC Winterwatch, and it's providing much-needed escapism from these dark days. Absolutely beautiful photography, fascinating offerings and fresh angles on our nature. The daily short 'mindful moment' soothes. If you're feeling low, give it a watch, I come away feeling topped up. 

Harry Jarvis 21 Jan 2021
In reply to Queenie:

I could do with rather fewer 'incredibles' and amazings' from the presenters, but the mindful moments are wonderful. 

In reply to Queenie:

We're enjoying it, and giggling at some of Chris's enthuses.

Anyone know what the jacket was his step daughter was wearing yesterday, it was random, semi insulated with no baffles at the bottom.

In reply to Mrs Only a Hill:

I've just seen the first episode (I don't normally watch the watches) and wondered what kind of hat Chris was wearing?

cousin nick 21 Jan 2021
In reply to Queenie:

I always get excited at the prospect of another '******watch' series, but then disappointment sets in once the more annoying presenters start prattling on!  Remember Games-Hughes (or was it Hughes-Games)?  Kate Humble was little better, and the less said about the Strachan the better. At least she's marooned in SA at the moment.  In contrast, Iolo and CP are clearly complete enthusiasts as well as presenters, and CP's step daughter Megan hits the spot. I still think they jump around from one thing to another too much, but I guess thats just live TV.

I'm a grumpy old git aren't I?

N

Phil1919 21 Jan 2021
In reply to cousin nick:

I like the presenter based in Cornwall. Is it Gillian?

OP Queenie 21 Jan 2021
In reply to cousin nick:

Agreed re: Megan, she's a sparkler although her enthusiastic adjective use will jar greatly on some viewers, like Harry Jarvis. Chris is in his element, and unpredictable, his clearly loves his job.The starfish yesterday were fascinating, but creepy. I'm enjoying learning more about what's around, particularly with identifying birdsong. This I can use during my woodland runs. Looking forward to see what they show us tonight.

In reply to Queenie:

Oh dear tonight includes a thigh rub.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...