What you listening too?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Bottom Clinger 17 Jun 2022

I’m full of Mega Hayfever (that’s not the band name BTW, although it would be a great name…). Been easing eye inflammation by resting a coooool beer on my eyes and having a wee slurp. 

John Mayall and the Bluesbreakers. Brilliant. 

Tringa 18 Jun 2022
In reply to Bottom Clinger:

Every time I hear of people who suffer from hay fever it makes me very grateful I'm not affected - good luck.

Agree about the choice of music. The 'Beano' album by any chance?

Just listening and watching this - youtube.com/watch?v=mwV-NH6t1YM&

Dave

Andy Clarke 18 Jun 2022

Last night was Fairport Convention's Babbacome Lee - I'm working my way through their back catalogue in preparation for Cropredy in August. 

ThunderCat 18 Jun 2022

I've been revisiting a bit of Goldfrapp, particularly the Seventh Tree album. That woman has a voice I can get lost in. It's beautiful. 

broken spectre 18 Jun 2022

Spotify has characterised my like list as 'Electronica', 'Dark', 'Britpop', 'Drum and bass', 'Grunge', 'Grime', 'Techno', 'Electronic', 'Trip hop' and 'Ambient'!

Which should be fairly normal but people I meet find it weird for not knowing about current tracks that are doing the rounds.

The closest I've got to the Blues is Riot City Blues ~ Primal Scream. Not too shabby!

I'm not normally keen on the Blues and on top of this when I went to a Blues night earlier this year I caught Omicron B (Not a Thrash metal group).

russellcampbell 18 Jun 2022
In reply to Andy Clarke:

> Last night was Fairport Convention's Babbacome Lee - I'm working my way through their back catalogue in preparation for Cropredy in August. 

Great band. I've been listening to a Richard Thompson compilation. Love his stuff with Fairport and love "I want to see the bright lights tonight" with Linda Thompson but can't get into his solo stuff. There's only so much misery I can take.

CDs in car ready for drive to Lakes from Scotland tomorrow. - Allman Brothers compilation, Bob Seger compilation, Stones (Tattoo You), Waylon Jennings, Blood on the Tracks, Leonard Cohen (did I mention misery?) and others.

Post edited at 15:55
 Andy Clarke 18 Jun 2022
In reply to russellcampbell:

> Great band. I've been listening to a Richard Thompson compilation. Love his stuff with Fairport and love "I want to see the bright lights tonight" with Linda Thompson but can't get into his solo stuff. There's only so much misery I can take.

I have a fairly melancholic view of the world, so it suits me. I can see that too much might drive many listeners to drink - about which Thompson writes particularly brilliantly!

earlsdonwhu 18 Jun 2022

I just stopped at a stall in a French market and the guy asked where we were from. Coventry? Ah .....he then went into a long description of Tangerine Dream who apparently played their Ricochet album live in Coventry Cathedral back in the 70,,'s. So, at his suggestion I have plunged myself back into German electro of that era and am 'enjoying' ? the performance on YouTube.

65 18 Jun 2022

I've been discovering a band called 100 Onces and enjoying them enormously while driving.

The John McGeoch thread on here recently has got me reacquainting myself with Magazine. I'd actually forgotten just how good they were.

Having seen The Comet is Coming at the Edinburgh Festival, I've been listening to a lot of their associated acts, Sons of Kemet and Shabaka and the Ancestors particularly.

I'm fortunate not to get hay fever.

Post edited at 20:23
 aln 19 Jun 2022

These are loving me at the moment 

This is fabulous youtube.com/watch?v=sqUTcb368kM&

youtube.com/watch?v=Zd9jeJk2UHQ&

youtube.com/watch?v=Z7OSSUwPVM4&

And some Harry, perfect modern pop  youtube.com/watch?v=sqUTcb368kM&

In reply to Andy Clarke:

Doing the same thing with John Prine and Steve Earle. It must be an age thing, this drift to country music. It happened to Bob Harris.

john arran 19 Jun 2022
In reply to Deleated bagger:

> It must be an age thing, this drift to country music. 

Bloody hell, I hope not!

Clarence 19 Jun 2022
In reply to Deleated bagger:

I am a thrash/death/doom metal listener and I swore never to listen to Metallica other than the first four albums, the ones before the drift into country rock. However, of late I have found myself listening to Johnny Cash and John Denver in my more mellow moments. The Whispering Bob Slide may be inevitable.

MonkeyPuzzle 19 Jun 2022

I've just discovered Squid. Bright Green Field is getting played start to finish most days at the moment. 

Also on my current post-punk tip are Dry Cleaning, who, despite their terrible name, are actually very good.

tomrainbow 19 Jun 2022

Currently obsessing over Costello's masterpiece, Get Happy...all over again. What a tour de force.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...