Veep

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 planetmarshall 18 May 2019

Really sad to see this go, no one does satire with more bite than Iannucci, and Veep is particularly vicious.

My favourite character has to be Peter MacNicol's fixer, kind of like Malcolm Tucker but without the redeeming features.

Andy Gamisou 19 May 2019
In reply to planetmarshall:

Agreed - I think the series went out on a high.  The #NotMe movement against Jonah Ryan was especially inspired.

TobyA 20 May 2019

Should be noted Iannucci hasn't been involved for a number of season now with Veep - but he obviously set them on the right path. 

I've always like Dan Bakkedahl's Congressman Furlong and Will his trusty assistant who always knew his place! 

Blue Straggler 20 May 2019

It came highly recommended, I am many years behind but I have really been struggling to get into season 1.

In reply to Blue Straggler:

I think it really came into its own with the later series. It's like they were told Trump's America was 'Beyond Satire' and took it as a challenge.

TMM 20 May 2019

I think it's been triumph. There are so many engaging characters and the script is caustic and refuses to treat its viewers as idiots.

Struggling to access the last two series, hopefully they will spring up on Prime or Netflix sometime soon. 

Mike and his 'Bullshitzu'. I love watching Jonah he makes me feel competent and empathic. It's all the little details. When they have to testify and Jonah is recalling being touched on the 'spheres' the way Dan moves his water when Jonah needs a drink or that Amy has come dressed like a Puritan. Beautiufully written, cast, acted and produced.

In reply to TMM:

> I think it's been triumph. There are so many engaging characters and the script is caustic and refuses to treat its viewers as idiots.

> Struggling to access the last two series, hopefully they will spring up on Prime or Netflix sometime soon. 

Ah, I use NOW TV, which has been good value recently for both Veep and Game of Thrones.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...