Unfit: the psychology of Donald Trump

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 stp 23 Nov 2020

I thought this was a really good documentary looking at Trump through a psychological analysis and how that leads to a a certain kind of politics.. (He's a malignant narcissist which is a narcissistic personality disorder mixed with psychopath and sadist - nice). It's very good at explaining just how dangerous he really is and the threat he poses to society. Also looks at how he appeals to his supporters.

Well made and should be required viewing for people living in democracies. The conclusions are relevant beyond Trump: ie. the threat posed to democracy in general by this personality type.

In reply to stp:

Which Network / Channel is this on?

OP stp 23 Nov 2020
In reply to Phantom Disliker:

There's a web site (https://unfitfilm.com/) that says:

"To watch in the UK: iTunes (Apple), Prime (Amazon), GooglePlay, and Microsoft only."

In reply to stp:

Thanks for the heads up. Very good, interesting and worrying. 

Hopefully he's on his way out. But there has got to be a real danger if someone similar comes along who is better and more convincing at what he does.

freeflyer 24 Nov 2020
In reply to stp:

Thanks - I have friends who have Prime so I'll try and persuade them to watch it when I'm allowed to visit!

Scandalous is a good insight into the people that made up his power base, and how tabloid journalism helped him to power, as well as being interesting in its own right:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/m000kbnw/storyville-scandalous-the-ta...

Also a number of people have recommended the Netflix documentary "Get Me Roger Stone", however I have yet to watch it as I don't have access to Netflix at present.

Even after he leaves the WH (and how will that play out??) there is any amount of material for the media to go with, and I fear his core followers will remain loyal, although the pandemic and its economic impact has cooked his goose for the time being. He won't be leaving our TVs any time soon.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...