TV docu.: female Pakistani mountain guides

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 MisterPiggy 08 Mar 2021

Patient, gentle look at trainee female mountain guides in rural Pakistan. Broadcast on Arte (a kind of French/German Channel 4) on Saturday. Now showing online.

Perhaps an UK based UKC-er can test whether one can see it in the UK? And if English audio/subtitles are available?

Here's the link: https://www.arte.tv/fr/videos/073131-000-A/pakistan-l-alpinisme-au-feminin/

Happy International Women's Day to all.

j

iskra2000 08 Mar 2021
In reply to MisterPiggy:

Plays OK on  Chrome in England. Choice of French or German soundtrack plus German subtitles.

Thanks for the info

John Ww 08 Mar 2021
In reply to MisterPiggy:

Yep, watched it on Arte here in Germany, really enjoyed it, and would love to see a follow-up to see how they all get on with the plans

freeflyer 09 Mar 2021
In reply to MisterPiggy:

Thankyou. French audio seemed to come up by default, which is good for me. Nicely shot and sensitive and supportive treatment of the subject.

Removed User 09 Mar 2021
In reply to MisterPiggy:

Arte has lots of good stuff. I did some work with them 7-8 years ago with Nae Yagi, Japan's top competition ice climber, similar idea of women rising through a male dominated scene. A good crew, women directing & producing - we got them to some places not a lot of docu crews would ever go.

girlymonkey 09 Mar 2021
In reply to MisterPiggy:

I'm not getting any subtitles, but happy watching it in French. 

Thanks for sharing

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...