Touching The Void- Stage Play.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Stichtplate 20 Sep 2018

Currently on in Bristol and then touring. Got cracking 5 star review in The Times today. Anyone on here seen it yet?

Wise 20 Sep 2018
In reply to Stichtplate:

Yep, it's good.

Andy Mullett 27 Sep 2018
In reply to Wise:

Off to the Old Vic tomorrow.. Complete sell out, have the last two tickets 

birdie num num 27 Sep 2018
In reply to Stichtplate:

Does it feature Brown Girl in the Ring?

OP Stichtplate 27 Sep 2018
In reply to birdie num num:

I hope not. Possibly the most horrific aspect of his entire ordeal.

Edit: why’d you have to bring that up? Fucking ear worm affliction just as I was contemplating bed.

Post edited at 22:28
 climbEdclimb 27 Sep 2018
In reply to Stichtplate:

I second Wise, it was very good. Pretty impressive as to how they told a story such as that on stage. Apparently one of the stage directions in the script is: Joe and Simon cross the Andes

Equally worth listening to Joe Simpson talking about his book and the play on R2 Jeremy Vine: https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m0000j26

Dauphin 27 Sep 2018

VOID II. Touching the Cloth

D

MarkH55 28 Sep 2018
In reply to Stichtplate:

Brilliant production.  Hope it tours so more people can get to see it. 

badgerjockey 28 Sep 2018

Yup it’s all there. 

It was pretty good. Some arse clenchingly cringey moments which brought League of Gentlemen’s Legz Akimbo back to mind (or R&M’s Action! Image! Exchange!) but on the whole cleverly told. 

trouserburp 30 Sep 2018
In reply to badgerjockey:

Marvellous use of the space in the stage and interesting retelling of the story. agree a couple of cringeworthy moments as with anything with huge amounts of creativity but loved it overall

Old_Times 18 Oct 2018
In reply to Stichtplate:

Just seen it at Northants Royal and agree with comments to date. I was surprised by how faithfull it is to the book and film but also by the brilliant staging and very clever framing of the narrative (via the Clachaig, Sarah and the 'hippie').  Yes, there are some cringeworthy sections that could well be excised or shortened but maybe there help generalise the story for non-mountaineers.  And yes, we do get a dose of "Brown girl ... ".  Great night out, highly recommended.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...