The Wall - Now on Netflix

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Iamgregp 03 May 2022

For those who haven't seen it yet, this docco, about Janja, Shauna, Miho and Brooke going to the Olympics is now on Netflix.

I watched it last night and thought it was outstanding.

halo 11 May 2022
In reply to Iamgregp:

There is actually some really cool and informative climbing videos on YT. This is a really great film, and shows that women climbers are leading the way. 

youtube.com/watch?v=AotAo0OFCIg&

morpcat 11 May 2022
In reply to Iamgregp:

I thought it was pretty good, but I was frustrated at the extremely short clips of the actual climbing that did little to show off the skills of these four amazing athletes. I can understand skipping through the qualifier rounds fairly quickly, but then the finals were over in a flash with very little tension built as the rounds went by so fast. I also thought it made the other competitors feel a bit invisible. That said, still thoroughly enjoyed it and great to see the amazing achievements celebrated in this way!

OP Iamgregp 15 May 2022
In reply to morpcat:

Yeah, I agree, not a great deal of footage of the actual competition but, having worked in that field I know how much it can cost to license footage from OBS, so I guess the lack of competition footage is purely due to budget…

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...