The Last Mountain - Tom Ballard

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 tjdodd 21 Sep 2021
 Bobling 27 Sep 2021
In reply to tjdodd:

That was good, emotionally very heavy and I'm thinking about those who I knew who never came back from the hills. It's a crazy and beautiful game we play.  RIP Alison and Tom.

PaulJepson 27 Sep 2021
In reply to tjdodd:

This film made me very uncomfortable.

The daughter meeting up with that porter 20 years later and acting like he was a long lost relative. Outright blaming the Italian climbing partner for being 'obsessed'. The weird interviews with his partner.

I feel like the dad was the only glimpse of normality. 

robert-hutton 27 Sep 2021
In reply to PaulJepson:

Yes I knew Alison and it made uncomfortable viewing in that her drive was driven by situations she could not control.

JLS 27 Sep 2021
In reply to PaulJepson:

>"This film made me very uncomfortable."

Indeed. A curious mix of real emotion and what looked like calculated, how can we make a film from all this grief? I think any human knowing the most basic of the facts would empathise with all involved, so much so that the fuller story need not have be told.

JayW 27 Sep 2021
In reply to tjdodd:

I haven't watched the BBC documentary yet, but I recall watching another (titled "Tom") and it was brilliant. Worth a watch and easily found online.

Bobling 27 Sep 2021
In reply to JayW:

Yeah, I'd seen that one, which is partly why I wanted to be sure to see this one too.

This UKC article from six years ago is also very good: https://www.ukclimbing.com/articles/in_focus/starlight_and_storm_alison_har...

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...