The frantic 2

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 wilkie14c 26 Sep 2021

Alan Lancaster of Status Quo dies

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-58698864

I was lucky enough to see the Frantic 4 reunion tour in Manchester with my dad before he passed away, first Rick and now Alan, very sad. Rock on Al

Lankyman 26 Sep 2021
In reply to wilkie14c:

Very sad. I wasn't a fan but did watch them live at the Apollo in Manchester in 1978 or 79. They were very, very loud and the audience reaction was phenomenal. I was in the circle and the whole structure was moving up and down with the headbanging! A sea of leather, denim and patches.

Phil Kelly 26 Sep 2021
In reply to Lankyman:

first gig I ever went to was Quo at the Apollo around 78, up in the circle, seat U41 I think.

Brilliant experience snd yes - the place bouncing with ‘the jig’.

RIP Alan Lancaster.

Lankyman 26 Sep 2021
In reply to Phil Kelly:

> first gig I ever went to was Quo at the Apollo around 78, up in the circle, seat U41 I think.

> Brilliant experience snd yes - the place bouncing with ‘the jig’.

> RIP Alan Lancaster.

I've no idea what seat I had but I know I wasn't sitting much! I was close to the front of the circle and the when it started moving me and my mates just looked at each other and laughed - no thoughts of structural integrity! At one point there was a bloke hanging over the edge of circle by his fingertips - wasn't you was it? Saw some great bands back then, sadly quite a few of the members no longer here like Neil Peart and Eddie Van Halen.

Phil Kelly 26 Sep 2021
In reply to Lankyman:

> I've no idea what seat I had but I know I wasn't sitting much!  was close to the front of the circle and the when it started moving me and my mates just looked at each other and laughed - no thoughts of structural integrity! At one point there was a bloke hanging over the edge of circle by his fingertips - wasn't you was it? Saw some great bands back then, sadly quite a few of the members no longer here like Neil Peart and Eddie Van Halen.

don’t remember sitting down at all! Row U was the very back row of the circle, so it definitely wasn’t me.

saw lots of bands at the Apollo - including van Halen.

Neil Peart I didn’t get to see until many years later.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...