Stone Roses

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Clauso 22 Jun 2022

Currently listening to the instrumental groove that finishes out I am the Resurrection.

Proper Manc magic... I'm back to 1989 again.

abr1966 22 Jun 2022
In reply to Clauso:

Agreed....being from the better end of the east lancs road I never liked the whole Manchester thing at the time....I do now, maybe an age thing!! Drugs were great in creativity....their best songs are amazing...

broken spectre 22 Jun 2022
In reply to Clauso:

That is a tune!!

If you're interested (and you might not be) give Where I End and You Begin (Radiohead) a listen. This is the background anthem to my soul, it tears you up and heals you; motivates and crushes. It's orchestrated and shambolic (somehow!) - also a tune!

In reply to abr1966

Maybe in small measures abr, The Second Coming was a fart in the wind compared to The Stone Roses

abr1966 22 Jun 2022
In reply to broken spectre:

> That is a tune!!

> If you're interested (and you might not be) give Where I End and You Begin (Radiohead) a listen. 

A classic....to me it's a song played loud in the car on long drives back from Scotland when you are keen to stay awake....that whole album is classic...great memories...

Clauso 23 Jun 2022
In reply to Clauso:

For the benefit of the baffled. This:

youtube.com/watch?v=57ajn-NXtdc&

"Don't waste your words
I don't need anything from you
I don't care where you've been
Or what you plan to do"

No offence.

aln 23 Jun 2022
In reply to Clauso:

> For the benefit of the baffled. This:

> No offence.

Fek you. 😁

Thanks for that, haven't listened to the full 8 minutes for a long time. Brilliant.

Post edited at 01:44
 dread-i 23 Jun 2022
In reply to Clauso:

Reminds me of living in Chorlton just as Madchester was on the ascendant. You couldn't go to Safeway, without bumping into members of 808 state, James, Roses etc.  Also of a departed mate. He had the biggest flares and when it rained they use to soak up water, damp to his knees. I know what I'm I'm going to be listening to this morning, thanks.

Reni lives, as the graffiti told us.

Clauso 23 Jun 2022
In reply to dread-i:

Mad ferret, innit?... Saw t'Roses at the Etihad, a few years ago. Proper proper.

... Literally just managed to get tickets to see Fat Manc Elvis (aka Morrissey) at the Apollo, Manchestershire, in October.

dread-i 23 Jun 2022
In reply to Clauso:

>Literally just managed to get tickets to see Fat Manc Elvis (aka Morrissey) a

I saw him a G-mex, years ago. It was almost evangelical. Lots of fat middle-aged people (like me), singing along ecstatically, in a state of rapture. If he'd said 'lets burn down the Reichstag, or Manchester town hall as its nearer, he's have had a willing crowd. I trust you'll be wearing a 'I (heart) the EU' t-shirt. Just to annoy mr Farage and co.

Top tip:

He used to live on Kings rd in Old Trafford. If you were the obsessive type....  He's bound to drive past his old house. You could use a police stinger, to puncture the tyres on his limo. Then ask for an autograph, and stand uncomfortably close to him whilst talking about the benefits of EU membership in relation to Owls, whilst he's waiting for the AA. Jus' sayin'.

Clauso 23 Jun 2022
In reply to dread-i:

I'll ask if his band do requests, and then put one in for Ode to Joy.

Mike-W-99 23 Jun 2022
In reply to Clauso:

And it was all downhill after that.

Clauso 23 Jun 2022
In reply to Mike-W-99:

Somewhat... Contrary to popular opinion, I thought that Second Coming was a decent album.

All for One was the nadir.

magma 23 Jun 2022
In reply to Clauso:

you Can hear where the Madchester sound came from here..

youtube.com/watch?v=2dZbAFmnRVA&

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...