Spitting Image

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Is back!!

The characters are new and I watched it through my phone as opposed to the cathode ray tv of the past. How I chuckled though.

It's on BritBox, you can get 6 months free subscription if you're with EE, text BRITBOX to 150. A bit of a convoluted way to access it, granted, I'm glad I did just to see their portrayal of Dominic Cummings if nothing else!

In reply to Phantom Disliker:

Ah, beautiful.

Im surprised it wasnt mentioned already and I was just about to post something.

I was going to ask how to access it as I dont have the service but I do have EE so that's cool. Is there a 'watch again' feature?

Soooooooooooo, what was it like?  

I grew up with the original.  It was the best thing on telly for years although it became tired in the end.  The raw material they have at the moment is pure gold but I read a review/preview earlier which said that there was a worry that with today's political correctness, with possible xxx-shaming and other modern sensitivities that it would take the edge off what used to be quite cutting.

I'd be happy for it to be as close to the bone as the original but I would doubt they would get away with it.

Edit: ahh, bollocks, I have O2, not EE.

Post edited at 17:15
 Greenbanks 05 Oct 2020

Thought the voice-overs were quite poor, especially Trump & Johnson. The imagery was superb though - Cummings being the exception: he wasn't made to look evil enough, terrifying though he was.

Hooo 05 Oct 2020

I've actually signed up to Britbox just so I could watch it. They've also got a selection of the original ones available, which come with a warning that some of the language is "of its time" and no longer considered acceptable. A bit of nostalgia for the days when we thought Thatcher and Reagan were bad!

The Lemming 05 Oct 2020

Downloading right now. Shall report back

wintertree 05 Oct 2020
In reply to Hooo:

> They've also got a selection of the original ones available, which come with a warning that some of the language is "of its time" and no longer considered acceptable.

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2urkuf

Hooo 05 Oct 2020
In reply to wintertree:

A classic. I remember it well.

The Lemming 05 Oct 2020

I'm back and have to say that this was a good first episode.

If this had been on mainstream telly such as ITV, then there would have been a lot of red faces hiding this week.

It did make me chuckle  and it was considerably better than I expected.  Lewis Hamilton got a bit of action along with Prince Harry dressed as Hitler.

I shall be looking forward to next week's episode.

Post edited at 20:25

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...