Some old men on guitars play GoT

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 The Lemming 20 May 2019

The Game of Thrones intro is a great TV theme. But are there any better TV theme songs out there?

youtube.com/watch?v=6i0a7RDPkM8&

Toby_W 20 May 2019
In reply to Phantom Disliker:

I loved the air wolf music and if I was a millionaire I would buy myself a bel 222 to be flown round in

Toby

Blue Straggler 20 May 2019
In reply to The Lemming:

YouTube seems to indicate a disproportionate amount of respect for the MacGyver theme from loads of bedroom acoustic guitar fingerpickers 

balmybaldwin 20 May 2019
In reply to Toby_W:

Was just wondering if anyone actually tried building an airwolf....  i.e. strapping a couple of jet engines to the side of a Jet Ranger

Jack B 20 May 2019
In reply to balmybaldwin:

Sikorsky had a go in the 70s (Sikorsky S-69).  But it didn't work well enough to go into production. They're now having another go (Sikorsky X2) but with a pusher prop rather than the jets.

wintertree 20 May 2019
In reply to balmybaldwin:

The Fairey Gyrodyne tried this in the late 1940s with a prop.  Was a jolly clever asymmetric idea.

Basically flawed though at high speed due to the differential lift on the advancing and retreating side of the rotors.

”The 6th day” had a sensible (compared to Airwolf) variant on a supersonic capable looking helicopter -  youtube.com/watch?v=Xyu8vcFjzzQ&

A jet derivative of the V-22 tilt rotor is I suppose another contender for a real Airwolf.

LastBoyScout 20 May 2019
In reply to wintertree:

> Basically flawed though at high speed due to the differential lift on the advancing and retreating side of the rotors.

Speed record for a helicopter is held by a Westland Lynx - 249.09mph.

> ”The 6th day” had a sensible (compared to Airwolf) variant on a supersonic capable looking helicopter -  youtube.com/watch?v=Xyu8vcFjzzQ&

Yes - that was a nice idea, but the wings looked a little bit small for "real world" flight.

wintertree 20 May 2019
In reply to LastBoyScout:

> ... Westland Lynx ...

I once saw one of those loop-the-loop at Duxford many moons ago. Unbelievable sight.

If only Malcom McDowell has seen that, he wouldn’t have had such a nasty surprise in Blue Thunder - which I feel deserves an honorary mention at this point.

Blue Straggler 21 May 2019
In reply to wintertree:

> Blue Thunder - which I feel deserves an honorary mention at this point.

Blue Thunder doesn't need a special occasion for an honorary mention! You could hear a mouse fart from 20,000 feet, after all  

LastBoyScout 21 May 2019
In reply to wintertree:

> I once saw one of those loop-the-loop at Duxford many moons ago. Unbelievable sight.

Sure I remember seeing a Rooivalk doing a loop at Farnborough Air show many years ago, too.

> If only Malcom McDowell has seen that, he wouldn’t have had such a nasty surprise in Blue Thunder - which I feel deserves an honorary mention at this point.

Poor old JAFO, eh! Still preferred Airwolf.

LastBoyScout 21 May 2019
In reply to Chive Talkin\':

> And who could forget 

Friend of mine has that as my ring-tone if I call him!

In reply to The Lemming:

"Some old men"

Thought Nuno Bettencourt is looking quite old , Scott not Ian doesn't look a day older than his Spreading the Disease days though. An odd production for Fender...pretty average solos played off Scott Ian strumming four chords. 

In reply to The Lemming:

youtube.com/watch?v=ePlyWlhobDU&

Ever seen so many white people in a video Jon Snow?

Post edited at 10:32

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...