Sarah Brand “Red Dress”

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Blue Straggler 27 Jul 2021

Anyone got any opinions/ideas about what this (July’s viral Youtube thing) is all about?

Sociology experiment?

Pre-marketing for music where she does sing in tune?

Earnest deluded rich kid with nobody close to her to say “er, spend the money on getting your ears stringed and also a vocal coach”?

The new Schoenberg (it must take talent to be so consistently off key)?

It’s kind of fascinating. I am sadly going with option 3 

wintertree 27 Jul 2021
In reply to Blue Straggler:

Set up for a new series from the creators of the Green Wing, only with more acid involved in the script writing process?

FactorXXX 27 Jul 2021

There's more and perhaps even worse/better:
youtube.com/watch?v=jrepS4a7Dgs&

FactorXXX 27 Jul 2021

> Anyone got any opinions/ideas about what this (July’s viral Youtube thing) is all about?
> Sociology experiment?
> Pre-marketing for music where she does sing in tune?
> Earnest deluded rich kid with nobody close to her to say “er, spend the money on getting your ears stringed and also a vocal coach”?
> The new Schoenberg (it must take talent to be so consistently off key)?
> It’s kind of fascinating. I am sadly going with option 3 

A wind up?

Bob Kemp 27 Jul 2021

I'm bemused too. But I note that it's about dissertation time for Masters programmes... could be  data collection for a study on memes and social networks. 

In reply to FactorXXX:

> A wind up?

For what purpose, given the expense involved? Rich kid getting kicks and giggles?

Have you read through the YouTube comments? She pops up in there, apparently earnestly thanking people when their posts can be construed as “motivational”. She doesn’t address any of the snark 

In reply to FactorXXX:

I had read about this one, not watched. Also she has another channel with stuff going back a few years, all off key. If it’s a prank, she’s committed. Also read some comments from people claiming to have been in her social circle as undergrads (take with a pinch of salt just because WE can’t know for sure) saying she didn’t seem to have truly close friends but was liked well enough to get party invitations and would always lug a karaoke machine to said parties. Hence me choosing option 3 from my OP. I would be really happy to be wrong, as this is the saddest option 

In reply to wintertree:

I had a feeling you would be the first to reply! 

ThunderCat 28 Jul 2021

Finally, a video that makes Goodbye by D4nny look good

youtube.com/watch?v=H5X7bN3hVng&

Lankyman 28 Jul 2021
In reply to ThunderCat:

It's great that we have the internet now to preserve this rubbish for all eternity. When this bloke becomes prime minister it will be the mother of all gifts.

Lankyman 28 Jul 2021

I have a suspicion this is how many of today's 'stars' sound before the wizardry of autotune is applied.

ThunderCat 28 Jul 2021
In reply to Lankyman:

> It's great that we have the internet now to preserve this rubbish for all eternity. When this bloke becomes prime minister it will be the mother of all gifts.

I'm more concerned that this was a genuine suicide note

Lankyman 28 Jul 2021
In reply to ThunderCat:

> I'm more concerned that this was a genuine suicide note

No. I looked up more of Mr 4anny's 'work' and he definitely struggled on from everyone who 'hated on' him.

ThunderCat 28 Jul 2021
In reply to Lankyman:

> No. I looked up more of Mr 4anny's 'work' and he definitely struggled on from everyone who 'hated on' him.

Great.  I've gone down a you tube naff song vortex.  

I give you the wonderful Jan Terri...

youtube.com/watch?v=IO2oayC54dg&

Ridge 28 Jul 2021

Thanks for being Sarah to my attention. Those videos have cheered me up no end!

ThunderCat 28 Jul 2021
In reply to Ridge:

> Thanks for being Sarah to my attention. Those videos have cheered me up no end!

If you liked them, then you'll love D4nny

Lankyman 28 Jul 2021
In reply to ThunderCat

> I give you the wonderful Jan Terri...

Puts a whole new meaning to the phrase 'big in the nineties'

Blanche DuBois 28 Jul 2021

> I had a feeling you would be the first to reply! 

Yup - he's the UKCs foremost "expert" on basically everything, so no great surprise.

I do find it interesting that of all the rubbish offerings available on YT, the UKC old white dudes choose to pick on a young woman.

FactorXXX 28 Jul 2021
In reply to Blanche DuBois:

> I do find it interesting that of all the rubbish offerings available on YT, the UKC old white dudes choose to pick on a young woman.

I hear you're a sexist now UKC'r...

Lankyman 28 Jul 2021

> I do find it interesting that of all the rubbish offerings available on YT, the UKC old white dudes choose to pick on a young woman.

Er, hang on a bit! We've had offerings of YT sh1te from old women (American) and young minorities. I think that's a pretty diverse sample of crap don't you?

duchessofmalfi 28 Jul 2021

No opinion or idea, so I guess this viral thing has passed me by.

I suspect that if I it hadn't have passed me by, my opinion would be that I wish it had passed me by!

I am neither white nor picking on a young woman. 

Post edited at 22:14

“Stringed” in the OP should be “syringed”. I am increasingly convinced that incorrect “autocorrect” changes take place after rejecting them and posting your own version ! 

FactorXXX 28 Jul 2021

> I am neither white nor picking on a young woman. 

Blanche DuBois seems to make a habit of interpreting any criticism of women on UKC as being a sure indicator that UKC is inhabited by a bunch of 'old white dudes' who are obviously bigots.
Which is a bit of a bigoted viewpoint if you think about it...

In reply to FactorXXX:

And yet she is mostly on this thread not being criticised but having the intention of the Red Dress video discussed. Yes she’s out of key, that is a fact. We are wondering whether the whole thing is some strange ruse. That’s not a criticism of a woman. 

In reply to FactorXXX:

In fairness the majority of active and regular posters on these forums do SEEM to be quite comfortable older white males, which may be alienating other demographics. 

Post edited at 00:22

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...