RIP Doddy

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Big Ger 12 Mar 2018

What a remarkable career, he was still doing 5 hour long shows well into his 80's.

Sir Ken Dodd, creator of the Diddy Men and one of the most popular comedians of his time, has died aged 90.

The Liverpool legend had recently been released from hospital after six weeks of treatment for a chest infection.

On Friday, he had married Anne Jones, his partner of 40 years, at their house, the same one he grew up in, in the Liverpool suburb of Knotty Ash.

"To my mind, he was one of the last music hall greats," his publicist Robert Holmes said.

Liverpool Mayor Joe Anderson said a book of condolence would open later, tweeting: "We are comforted by the joy and happiness he brought the world."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-43367267

nickh1964 12 Mar 2018
In reply to Big Ger:

yes, one of a kind, still compos mentis and working till the end, what a life.

Chris the Tall 12 Mar 2018
In reply to Big Ger:

I was taken to see him when I was about 5 - I have to be honest and say all I can remember it was a very long evening  -  I fell asleep long before the end !

Seen a tribute by Robin Ince - he may have cheated the inland revenue but he never cheated his audience 

mypyrex 12 Mar 2018
In reply to Big Ger:

Sorry, hadn't seen this before I posted in the pub.

LastBoyScout 12 Mar 2018
In reply to Big Ger:

Some people will do anything to avoid paying their taxes

Comedy legend.

David Riley 12 Mar 2018
In reply to nickh1964:

>  still compos mentis

He would have liked that as a second post. Reply ? Still compost mental after all these years, or I failed, time to go.

toad 12 Mar 2018
In reply to Big Ger:

Do we know how his dog is?

Hat Dude 12 Mar 2018
In reply to toad:

His dad's dog

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...