Picard

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Basemetal 01 Feb 2020

Oh dear. I thought Star Trek HRT was an acquired taste, but Star Trek OAP is slower and self indulgently talkier than its episode length can handle. Two episodes in I've lost interest completely, and they haven't even put the crew together yet...

Doc Oc 02 Feb 2020
In reply to Basemetal:

It does feel a bit light on content though I do like the Romulan Mrs. Doyle😜

kevin stephens 02 Feb 2020
In reply to Basemetal:

sounds like another good reason not to subscribe to a subscription TV service?

alx 02 Feb 2020
In reply to Basemetal:

I concur.

Baz P 19 Feb 2020
In reply to alx:

Damn, I was waiting for a few episodes to accrue before I started watching that.

I can recommend The Expanse, I've just watched 4 seasons and it is quite fast paced with sub plots and excellent graphics.

Philip 19 Feb 2020
In reply to Basemetal:

Compared with Discovery it's very slow paced.

Lord_ash2000 19 Feb 2020
In reply to Basemetal:

I'm enjoying it so far, but I agree it's slow going. I've gotten to episode 4 and he's still putting the crew together, 7 of 9 only just turned up at the end of that.  

Lurking Dave 19 Feb 2020
In reply to Basemetal:

Wrong, you are all wrong.

But there is a kinky undertone between the Romulan brother and sister... GoT almost.

OP Basemetal 25 Feb 2020
In reply to Lurking Dave:

I gave it another 2 goes... I wasn't wrong!

Usually I could watch Patrick Stewart in anything (eg Coda) but this really is a flop.

Can you figure out the target audience? It's not action enough for pre-teens, its not engaging enough for young adults, its not well enough scripted for drama fans and it's not even Trekky enough for nostalgic Boomers.

The last episode I watched (4) was even (mis)directed by Jonathan Frakes... so they should know better, no?..

Ridge 25 Feb 2020
In reply to Doc Oc:

> It does feel a bit light on content though I do like the Romulan Mrs. Doyle😜

Nooo! Orla Brady will never be the same again!

I'm watching it on my commute to work, I actually quite enjoy it. It's not high drama, but it's pleasantly watchable.

Sredni Vashtar 25 Feb 2020
In reply to Ridge:

pleasantly watchable seems apt.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...