Pentaverate

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 philipivan 12 May 2022

Has anyone watched this? It's like going into a time machine seeing Mike Myres doing that kind of humour. Kind of dated but good idea for a story, very puerile and weird, Austin Powers to the next level. Didn't expect to get through it but I was pleased I watched it and I really like the orbital tune they use in the credits. 

ThunderCat 12 May 2022
In reply to philipivan:

Absolutely dire.  And I'm pretty easy to satisfy.

nathan79 12 May 2022
In reply to philipivan:

Finished watching it last night. As a fan of Mike Myers stuff (The Love Guru aside) I quite enjoyed it.

ThunderCat 12 May 2022
In reply to nathan79:

> Finished watching it last night. As a fan of Mike Myers stuff (The Love Guru aside) I quite enjoyed it.

Like Mike Myers a lot but this was awful.  One of those things I really wanted to enjoy!  (I tried)

OP philipivan 12 May 2022
In reply to ThunderCat:

Interesting, I had a feeling it was bad, but I couldn't help watching it and on balance I quite enjoyed it. Most reviews online are similarly bipolar, but I'm still sitting on the fence. 

Clarence 12 May 2022
In reply to philipivan:

I watched the first episode and just didn't care for it, neither like nor hate. It might be better at the weekend with some similarly puerile friends and a smattering of distilled liquid.

NaCl 12 May 2022
In reply to philipivan:

Just finished it last night. Good bits and bad bits but on balance I thoroughly enjoyed it over any quibbles I had with it. There were a couple of bits in each episode that made me properly belly laugh. Dated sure but frankly I don't care. I still laugh my a55 off at at the Goon show and Blazing Saddles

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...