Order from Chaos (Max Cooper)

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

A computational biologist, come musician's video that I stumbled across…

youtube.com/watch?v=_7wKjTf_RlI&

Relaxing, inspiring, pretty. Looks to be the product of code as opposed to the human hand - which is even more startling.

Jon Stewart 05 Dec 2019
In reply to Phantom Disliker:

Big fan here. I went to see his audiovisual show Emergence a couple of years back, which was excellent. It's funny though, as an artform it really 'falls between the gaps' and I couldn't even find a review of it (it was at a medium sized venue in Islington). It's not club music, but not highbrow art gallery stuff either. It's exactly where I'm at, upper-mid brow, but there's not many of us, not really much of a market.

His last couple of albums are definitely worth a listen, but really the audiovisual stuff on youtube is his thing. He used to make techno, and was good at it - it's really nice to see someone be successful and develop their stuff into something more substantial as they get older rather than having to get a job in an office, as I suspect most techno producers from the 2000s ended up doing...

Ben Callard 05 Dec 2019
In reply to Phantom Disliker:

If you like Max Cooper you might enjoy Rob Clouth, he does a similar thing (and collaborates with Max Cooper also).

Adam Long 05 Dec 2019
In reply to Jon Stewart:

That's a coincidence, I'd bookmarked him on Spotify yesterday after hearing him on RadMac. Sounds right on my level, will checkout youtube.

Twiggy Diablo 05 Dec 2019
In reply to Ben Callard:

Max is a very close friend. So nice to see his music spreading far and wide... I’ve taken him bouldering a couple of times; finally found something i’m better at than him 😂 

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...