Only just started watching - Picard

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Afternoon , I know I'm late to the party (forgive the expression).

I actually started watching Picard on Prime yesterday afternoon .

I'm a fan of ST in general,  got really turned off discovery though about 7 episodes in,  before which I was hooked.  Pity.

I'm liking Picard though very much.  I've got 2 left to watch - boo hoo.

Sure Picard isn't the character he once was or got the same appeal, but the other cast I really like .  

Binge watching them yesterday after a session at the wall, helped distract me enough to actually relax .

Just gutted I've only got 2 more to go. 

TWS

deepsoup 14 Sep 2020
In reply to Chive Talkin\':

I went the other way with Discovery - didn't like it at first, but then got into it and enjoyed it more later.  (I've only seen the first series as that's the only one that's been on non-subscription telly so far.)  I'm looking forward to seeing Picard eventually, but not quite keen enough to pay Amazon to see it.

Off on a tangent a bit..  did you know that all 4 series of Battlestar Galactica are currently available on BBC iPlayer?  (The 2004 'reimagined' one, obviously.)  Worth a re-watch perhaps if you're going to be short of something to binge on after those last two episodes?  (Assuming that you've seen it before - if you haven't seen it before you must, you must!)

In reply to deepsoup:

> I went the other way with Discovery - didn't like it at first, but then got into it and enjoyed it more later.  (I've only seen the first series as that's the only one that's been on non-subscription telly so far.)  I'm looking forward to seeing Picard eventually, but not quite keen enough to pay Amazon to see it.

It's the first thing I've seen on prime .  I've had it a few months mainly for the delivery. 

I loved the spore drive idea in discovery , but got sort of upset when they horribly killed off the chief engineer's husband and started all the bad evil alternative versions stuff.   

Bit like ash verses the evil dead.  Loved that until the episode when his evil version killed the woman cop helping him.  That was truly horrifying and evil.  . Maybe I just couldn't take that emotional content back them.

> Off on a tangent a bit..  did you know that all 4 series of Battlestar Galactica are currently available on BBC iPlayer?  (The 2004 'reimagined' one, obviously.)  Worth a re-watch perhaps if you're going to be short of something to binge on after those last two episodes?  (Assuming that you've seen it before - if you haven't seen it before you must, you must!)

I was actually pretty fascinated by the general plot of the new BSG reworking.  

The resurrection ships and all that philosophy regarding the cylons was right up my street.

I haven't seen the whole thing though, just some bits of synopsis and a few choice scenes.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...