New TV shows

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 The Lemming 22 Dec 2017
I know it's reached serise three, but I've just seen the first two episodes tonight and was really impressed.

But then, I'm easily impressed.

Check out Black Mirror. I heard it being promoted on Radio 2 the other night and thought I'd give it a punt. Each episode is a stand alone story by a different director. Its just random stuff a bit like Tales of the Unexpected but not produced in the 70's.

Anything else I should take a look at?

An honourable mention goes to The Bounty Hunters written by Jack Whitehall.

Tom Valentine 23 Dec 2017
In reply to The Lemming:

Dare I ask- which TV show?
 Blue Straggler 23 Dec 2017
In reply to Tom Valentine:

> Dare I ask- which TV show?

Read the OP
In reply to The Lemming:

Twin Peaks Season 3
 Tom Valentine 23 Dec 2017
In reply to Blue Straggler:

Now I get it. The topic of discussion arrives in the third sentence.
In reply to The Lemming:
There has been lots of chatter about The Handmaid’s Tale being one of the best things ever. So you should check it out (and in typical Lemming style, fail to “get” what all the “fuss” was about, and come on here to say so)
 wilkie14c 23 Dec 2017
In reply to The Lemming:

inside number 9 is on the iplayer now, again in the flavour of tales of the unexpected, each one telling a different story. s01 e02 is a beautifully crafted modern take on the silent movie.
 Jon Stewart 23 Dec 2017
In reply to wilkie14c:

Watching the new League has reminded me to check out Inside No.9, looks good.

I reckon Black Mirror is one of the best things to have ever been on TV (except True Detective). It's sometimes flawed in execution, but some of the philosophical ideas and social commentary are just miles ahead of the field. Some favourites include the "Redo" one; St Junipero; White Christmas; and the brilliant killer bees/twitterstorm horror finale to the last season.

Is there some new stuff coming out?
OP The Lemming 23 Dec 2017
In reply to wilkie14c:

Happy Christmas, sir.

BnB 23 Dec 2017
In reply to Jon Stewart:
I was really disappointed by St Junipero. An interesting idea realised with the depth and production values of a perfume commercial.

As you say, give me Matthew M smoking his way contemptuously through a police interrogation any day.

And Handmaids was superb, Lemming. Or see the Godless thread.
Post edited at 13:48
 Jon Stewart 23 Dec 2017
In reply to BnB:

> I was really disappointed by St Junipero. An interesting idea realised with the depth and production values of a perfume commercial.

There's often something that feels stiff or flawed in the acting and production. But the ideas a simply brilliant, and it means that the episodes often seem brilliant in retrospect even if they weren't particularly great to watch (e.g. St Junipero maybe). Sometimes, however, it's superbly gripping and watchable, like the killer bees one. And sometimes it's just utterly unpleasant with no redeeming features at all (the psycho-computer game horror one, among a few).
 Kimono 24 Dec 2017
In reply to The Lemming:

Dark is a nicely atmospheric and moody German mystery

The good place is fun and challenging

Master of None I really like

The Vietnam War for something more heayduty

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...