Nesscliffe

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 timmyhobby 23 May 2020

Hi, Anyone know where I can pick up the Nesscliffe guid book? 

In reply to timmyhobby:

Got mine from rock & run a week or so ago. Other retailers exist. Needlesports might have it too...?

OP timmyhobby 23 May 2020
In reply to Longsufferingropeholder:

Rock and run seams to be sold out and I've checked all the other places off the west Midlands climbing website with no luck so far 😕

TobyA 23 May 2020
In reply to timmyhobby:

> I've checked all the other places off the west Midlands climbing website

What website is that?

In reply to timmyhobby:

https://www.shropshirebouldering.co.uk/

the lad Grady has performed a public service for us. 

OP timmyhobby 27 May 2020
In reply to Wyre Forest Illuminati:

Any idea if there is a version of this for routes? I have the west midlands guide book but it's the most confusing guide I've ever used! 

In reply to timmyhobby:

Can't help you there, I'm afraid. The guide is a lovely thing if you can get your hands on one, I have managed to misplace mine in one of my many house moves (much to my chagrin) or I would have scanned you the pages. I hope you manage to find what you're looking for, it really is a special place. Good luck.

In reply to timmyhobby:

The guide is great, and do buy it when you can, but probably don't let it stop you from visiting. Ness is probably one of the easiest crags to navigate without a guidebook. If you can establish one line either from a photo on here or by asking a local, it should all fall into place.

The Grist 27 May 2020
In reply to timmyhobby:

I went for the first time at the weekend. I did not have a guidebook. The crag is easy to find. The classic e2 is easy to locate. It is the obvious crack covered in chalk. From there other stuff falls into place. I just used the ukc logbook / descriptions with no issues. 

Does not answer your question but may assist you anyway. 

TobyA 27 May 2020
In reply to timmyhobby:

Cheers! Funnily enough, I left a comment on the Southstone Rock page in 2009 so it turns out I have visited it before but, like lots of West Midlands climbing, the website seem rarely visited and covered in cobwebs!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...