Name this film please

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

I’m trying to find a film I once watched but the usual search methods are failing me, so I think at least one of the following details must be wrong:

There’s a small town or village suffering from some ghostly nonsense. I think it includes a car full of teenagers driving through the town causing mayhem. Turns out they’re actually dead. The protagonist (who I think is an outsider - they usually are) figures out that the teenagers were at a party where something terrible happened - murder and maybe rape. Once all that is in the open the ghosts are happy. I think the protagonist is a woman (I originally thought it might have been Saoirse Ronan but I was wrong about that, so maybe it isn’t even a woman) and I thought it was an Irish film. Maybe I’ve mixed up two films. Maybe it was a short TV series rather than a film. Made in the last 20 years I’d guess. Any guesses? Vague, I know. 

Lankyman 28 Mar 2021
In reply to Thugitty Jugitty:

The Wizard of Oz?

HakanT 28 Mar 2021

Absolutely no idea. At the risk of high jacking the thread, I think we should see who can come up with the best title based on that plot line.

Children of the Keg?

Driving Ms Dead?

In reply to HakanT:

Good idea. “Carry on Careening”. 

Blue Straggler 28 Mar 2021
In reply to HakanT:

there is an actual film called Teenage Ghost Punk. 

AndyC 28 Mar 2021

Was there a dog involved? Maybe you got stoned while bingeing on a Scooby Doo boxset? 

Jack 28 Mar 2021
In reply to AndyC:

> Was there a dog involved? Maybe you got stoned while bingeing on a Scooby Doo boxset? 

"Scooby doobie doo.....!"

Thunderbird7 29 Mar 2021

Is it Carrie... (Symonds)

CantClimbTom 29 Mar 2021

No idea, why don't you watch The Prophet with Leo Houlding and Jason Pickles. Brilliant film! Saw it recently and it was included with Amazon prime so I watched it for free.

https://www.posingproductions.com/climbing-films/TheProphet/Prophet.html

Toccata 29 Mar 2021

Extra Ordinary?

Iamgregp 29 Mar 2021

The Crow Road?  Sound similar, if not the same as what you're describing...

Dave Garnett 29 Mar 2021

Not sure it's what you're describing but you may be mixing something else up with les Revenants - an excellent French sort of zombie story about a bus load of school kids who start turning up in an village some time after they were all killed in school bus crash.  It was filmed round Annecy, and shown here about 5 years ago.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Returned_(French_TV_series)

Thanks for all the suggestions. Fired up by a renewed sense of frustration, I laboriously went through all the horror films on IMDB made in Ireland since 2000 and eventually found it: “Dorothy Mills”. The bits I’d remembered were mostly accurate but I was missing large chunks which would have helped. Enjoyable film, if that’s your kind of thing. 

Blue Straggler 30 Mar 2021

I don’t know that one but a quick read of the synopsis on imdb suggests that if you like this, you might like “The Dark” starring Maria Bello and Sean Bean (even if the author of the novel it’s based on has written a witty complaining comment on imdb saying “this film has been adapted from my novel in the same way that a pile of rubble is ‘adapted’ from a house” 😃 Well I liked it as a B movie time filler ! 

In reply to Blue Straggler:

Thanks. I enjoyed the author’s review so I’ll give the film a go too, despite his protestations. 

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...