My latest little video

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 The Lemming 29 Oct 2018

This one was a challenge as it was dark and I was filming a bright subject.

youtube.com/watch?v=oRFI-INakcs&

In reply to The Lemming:

Is this really yours? It's superb. Were you the cameraman? It's superbly crafted/edited. Please tell us more.

OP The Lemming 29 Oct 2018
In reply to Gordon Stainforth:

Coming from you sir, I am honoured.

I had hoped to volunteer to film but at the last moment the company who arranged the event ignored me.  Their loss.

This is the second time that I have gone to the Lightpool Festival and I learned a lot from the mistakes I made last year.  This time I set the focus manually during daylight and then left it.  Last year I had it on auto-focus and I lost a lot of footage with the camera hunting in the dark.

This time I set the aperture to f4 and hoped for the best with 25fps and an ISO of 800.  I was thinking of some high speed footage but that would have meant bumping up the ISO and I didn't want to add any extra noise.  I have to say that I am over the moon with the image sharpness from the foreground through to the background.  The f4 was a good guess as I thought 2.8 would be too shallow and f5.6 and above would have forced me to bump up the ISO again.

I was going to bring my gimbal but stuck with my tripod.  I chose to go off at an angle rather than try and get front and centre with the official cameraman and photographer.  I think I got the better angle.

I would have liked a second viewpoint but Little Miss Lemming would not oblige.  Maybe next year, then I can have a couple of camera angles to play with.

Its a much better job than my attempt last year.

youtube.com/watch?v=Ad0UbaZm35o&

Post edited at 23:55
 pneame 30 Oct 2018
In reply to The Lemming:

Very cool!  Great job. 

OP The Lemming 08 Nov 2018
In reply to The Lemming:

Does anybody have a 4k monitor or 4k TV?

I've just had a stab at posting the video in 4k onto Youtube but I don't have a 4k monitor.  If you have a 4k monitor could you please tell me if you notice a difference in quality and would you recommend getting a 4k monitor?

youtube.com/watch?v=txu2gd9nv7A&

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...