Love, Death and Robots

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 ThunderCat 16 May 2021

Noticed last night that the second series has appeared on Netflix.  Not usually my thing at all but I was really taken by the first series.  

It's really good.  Some amazing stories and animation.

Toby_W 17 May 2021
In reply to ThunderCat: We’re in sync.  Just done the same, some great short stories.

Cheers

Toby

lorentz 17 May 2021
In reply to ThunderCat:

Half way through first series after a tip off on the relevant thread over on the other channel. Brilliant stuff and because all the episodes are short you can dip in and out of it easily... Or binge them all at once! 

Some of the animation is just incredible.

In reply to ThunderCat:

I have waited a long time for this. Watched the first 3 on Saturday, all up to the high standard set by the first series.

Best described as an animated 2000ad

BenSends 17 May 2021
In reply to ThunderCat:

Hard not to binge-watch them all in one go though! trying to save them a little longer this time.

tomsan91 17 May 2021
In reply to lorentz:

Definitely didn't have the self restraint to not watch them all in one go!  

OP ThunderCat 17 May 2021
In reply to Toby_W:

The christmas eve one made me laugh.  So good.

Toby_W 17 May 2021
In reply to ThunderCat:

Ha, nearly posted that to you, it did make me smile!

Toby

greg_may_ 17 May 2021
In reply to ThunderCat:

Third one in series 3 was definitely straight out of 2000AD - brilliant. 

Which is a complement, from someone who still reads 2000AD in his 40s  

jelaby 17 May 2021
In reply to greg_may_:

Apparently the series was originally released in different orders to different people. I think it may well be like that because my Netflix has them in a different order to the Wikipedia page, so we may not agree on what the third episode is!

I think my favourite is Sonnie's Edge (episode 4 for me), mostly because it's pretty much exactly what I saw in my head when I first read the original short story.

In reply to greg_may_:

You have a zarjaz future ahead, I still read it in my 50s. As a 7yr old I lost the space spinner and stuck the bionic tattoos on my arms. It made me who I am today, which may or may not be a good thing. 

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...