Lou Barlow

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Bottom Clinger 02 Jul 2022

I often waste time thinking about what it is I like about music. Been listening to Stravinsky and Rachmaninov. Then Sebadoh. Passion is key, and Lou Barlow has loads.  A stonker:

youtube.com/watch?v=U0fBeXmFiKg&

In reply to Bottom Clinger:

More acoustic:

youtube.com/watch?v=ffwjCZ_Obts&

dread-i 02 Jul 2022

An ex of mine, many years ago, was mad into Sebadoh. In the fanclub and writing letters to Lou, receiving the occasional reply as well. There was a bake sale kit that fans created, they would post out to you. You'd put a notice in a fanzine or Sounds or NME (pre interwebs) and random people would come over, eat cake, drink and listen to Sebadoh. You'd add something extra to the kit, some pics or notes or kitsch tat, and send it onto the next person.

We got to hang out with them, when the played the Boardwalk in Manc. At the time I was a sound engineer. They were going to do a US tour supporting Nirvana. I was angling for the job of front of house engineer, for the tour. Sadly, Kurt had other plans. I still occasionally listen to then and Dinosaur jr. I didn't realise they were still at it. I'll have to check out their new stuff.

In reply to dread-i:

That’s really cool. I saw them at King Tuts. My son messaged me earlier: “What’s the best Dinosaur Jr album?”  Seems like I wasnt such a bad dad after all  He’s moving house in a few months. They’ll have a record player so he’s asking what records we have. Going to send him a load - Harmacy and Bakescale will be there, with some Buffalo Tom etc etc. 

By the way, I used to chat etc with the lead singer form Joyriders - they supported Nirvana on their first UK gig. 

Post edited at 23:20
 DR 06 Jul 2022

Massive plus one for Buffalo Tom. Recording a new album apparently!! 

Best Dinosaur Jr album - toss up between Where You Been and Beyond in my opinion.

Aye,

Davie

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...