Kate Bush

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 GravitySucks 28 Apr 2022

..... will always be the first artist on my list when the BBC inevitably ask me for my desert island disks (ha!). I regularly dip into youtube for my KB fix and stumbled accross an unofficial video for 'Amongst Angels', a truely beautiful song that speaks to many who have suffered a loss, the video raises the song to a whole new level, beautiful animation for a beautiful song.

youtube.com/watch?v=7TNFysecmq0&

I am not a big fan of randomly posting youtube clips of my favorite songs but I think the animation here justifies the posting

Cobra_Head 28 Apr 2022
In reply to GravitySucks:

Like many "good" songs, they're only good if you can hear the words or have a tune you can listen to while working out what's being said.

The example you given is one of those where I can't hear what she's on about, her voice is annoying, and the tune is awful.

The animation was good, and I like Kate Bush too, some of it at least, but I don't have the time to get to know this song, it would be hard work for me. "This Woman's Work" by Bush is a wonderful song.

Thanks for posting though and it's only my opinion.

My mate really rates an Elbow song, "I don't know how anyone can't be moved by it". It's horrible, I can't get to the words because the tune is so shit! I like Elbow too, some of it, obvs.

paul-1970 28 Apr 2022

youtube.com/watch?v=mp6V5B9WJng&

'A Coral Room' is Kate's definitive song about loss. More so because it's about memories of her late mother.

'My mother and her little brown jug
It held her milk
And now it holds our memories'

Glyno 28 Apr 2022
In reply to paul-1970:

>

> 'A Coral Room' is Kate's definitive song about loss. 

I'd go for 'Moments of Pleasure'

freeflyer 28 Apr 2022

Thankyou. What a beautiful realisation.

Andy Clarke 28 Apr 2022

And who else in the world of popular music could have read to the end of James Joyce's Ulysses, let alone written a gorgeous song abut it:

youtube.com/watch?v=y9f4Ci1slXQ&

toad 28 Apr 2022

It disappeared from utube but there was a lovely fan video of December will be magic again by a bunch of kids fooling about in the snow. It was joyful!

Removed User 28 Apr 2022

Too bad she's a Tory eh.

Removed User 28 Apr 2022
In reply to Bob Kemp:

Ok a shy Tory!

pneame 29 Apr 2022

Oh wow. Lovely 

Andy Gamisou 29 Apr 2022
In reply to Cobra_Head:

> Like many "good" songs, they're only good if you can hear the words or have a tune you can listen to.

I remember my dad saying something similar to me circa 1972.  

mbh 29 Apr 2022
In reply to Andy Gamisou:

Like many "good" songs, they're only good if you can hear the words or have a tune you can listen to.

> I remember my dad saying something similar to me circa 1972.  

Was he a Slade fan? 

Bob Kemp 29 Apr 2022
In reply to Andy Gamisou:

> I remember my dad saying something similar to me circa 1972.  

Along with ‘They can’t play their instruments.’ I guess?

Tony Buckley 29 Apr 2022
In reply to mbh:

> Was he a Slade fan? 

He probably told him that the old songs were the best.

T.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...