Joker

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

youtube.com/watch?v=t433PEQGErc&

As movie villains  go I was never much taken by or interested in the Joker from the Batman franchise .

I do however think I'd really like to watch this interpretation of the character.

Joaquin Phoenix is a very good actor and this looks so far a very interesting film dealing with a man loosing his mind after several bad setbacks. I think I can identify with that.

Got to wait until October though .

TWS 

Post edited at 11:19
In reply to Chive Talkin\':

Heath Ledger did a good job in The Dark Knight but this trailer looks particularly worrisome!

Do you ever identify with the hero in films?

Or is that all a bit cheesy.

NaCl 08 Apr 2019

I saw the trailer to this earlier myself and was actually intrigued by it. I've been a DC fan since forever and have been utterly unimpressed by their recent film offerings.  This looks like it could go some small distance to remedying that by showing a new take on the clown prince of crime that doesn't involve Jared bloody Leto hamming it up to the nth degree.

Looks quite promising. Having said that I've probably just jinxed it massively.

wilkie14c 08 Apr 2019

Jared Leto was great in suicide squad

NaCl 08 Apr 2019
In reply to wilkie14c:

Righto. yeah

Blue Straggler 09 Apr 2019
In reply to NaCl:

Which aspect of TV and film adaptations of The Joker character don’t involve an actor hamming it up massively? 

NaCl 09 Apr 2019
In reply to Blue Straggler:

A valid point. I dunno,

I just didn't rate him and was not a fan of his interpretation at all.  Each to their own I suppose though

In reply to Phantom Disliker:

> Heath Ledger did a good job in The Dark Knight but this trailer looks particularly worrisome!

I think it looks great,  a bit taxi driveresque perhaps

> Do you ever identify with the hero in films?

Good question and I can't remember any hero I have identified with as an adult.

As a kid I use to associate with Data from the Goonies ( I was always building and taking things apart) 

I'm far from normal though.

Post edited at 08:30

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...