Jeremy Kyle has run its course

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-48279613

And over a decade too late.

1 million regular viewers; who are these people?

Its a disgraceful program preying on the lowest demographic for ghoulish purposes.

The New NickB 15 May 2019
In reply to TheDrunkenBakers:

Jeremy Kyle should be nailed to a wall. Ideally 5 days a week on ITV1.

Slightly bizzare, but I once went on holiday with “Security Steve”.

Post edited at 11:15
Pan Ron 15 May 2019

Is it really cruel TV? Would have thought, to end up on the show, you are probably at a pretty low ebb or in some form of massive dispute anyway.  Seemingly, the thousands of people who appear on it go for some kind of resolution to their issues and, in a vast majority of those cases, they get that. 

If one person commits suicide, after 14 years of the show running, even if you were able to link their death to their appearance on it, might it still indicate that on average Jeremy Kyle "stars" are statistically less likely to commit suicide than the general populace?  And that the show is on balance a net positive.  Basically, it might be leading to less suicide and providing a service.  Presumably you have to be a willing participant to take part.

dh73 15 May 2019

1 million regular viewers; who are these people?

Brexit supporters!

cb294 15 May 2019
In reply to Pan Ron:

Even if all you suggest were true it would still be cruelty.

This show, or the US original Jerry Springer relies on the exploitation of mentally or emotionally challenged people who are fooled that their 15 mins of fame will do them good in the long term. The entire purpose is the base entertainment of amoral people.

Its supposed one million core viewers are presumably the type of scum who would also take selfies with dying crash victims rather than help.

CB

summo 15 May 2019

There were some quality comments on the radio yesterday... One woman saying I've watched that programme everyday for years blah blah ... I'll give her the benefit of the doubt she is either a tv programme reviewer or shift worker. 

summo 15 May 2019
In reply to cb294:

Even Jerry Springer said after hosting Kyle as a guest, that they took it a step too far. 

In reply to Pan Ron:

> Is it really cruel TV?

Yes

WaterMonkey 15 May 2019

It's the modern day equivalent of a freak show.

Pan Ron 15 May 2019
In reply to WaterMonkey:

> It's the modern day equivalent of a freak show.

It's also normality for a great many people.  Calling them freaks is a bit like royalty calling us common.

WaterMonkey 15 May 2019
In reply to Pan Ron:

> It's also normality for a great many people.  Calling them freaks is a bit like royalty calling us common.

I think you misunderstand my analogy. They are being paraded on TV for people in better circumstances to laugh at and ridicule.

I never called them freaks.

Dan Arkle 15 May 2019
In reply to y:

It's just been axed. 

PaulJepson 16 May 2019

I met someone who had briefly worked on the show as an intern. There was someone employed to offer the guests alcohol and wind them up before the show. That explains why they always come tearing in, effing and jeffing right off the bat.

Removed User 16 May 2019

I could never understand why some people had repeat appearances? ie the last time you were on here ect ect.       Apart from a free night in a hotel that is.

Tom Valentine 16 May 2019
In reply to Dan Arkle:

While I was in a hospital waiting room with a dozen other people a couple of years ago I had my first real experience of the show. Luckily after ten minutes a senior nurse marched in, turned the channel over to some meerkats and announced : "We don't allow THAT sort of thing in HERE!".

No-one complained.

cander 16 May 2019

Mrs C is a copper ... Jeremy Kyle is but a pale reflection of real life for a tragic section of humanity - personally I’m hoping his next job is as speaker to the House of Commons.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...