Janey Godley's straight acting.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 deepsoup 03 Jan 2021

I don't think I'd never heard of Janey Godley before she started over-dubbing Nicola Sturgeon's Covid announcements, but I'm definitely a fan now.  (And if I ever see Nicola Sturgeon on the TV with the sound turned down, it's Janey Godley's voice that I hear in my head now.)

A friend pointed me at some short youtube videos of her doing some straight acting, and they're wonderful.  The subject matter is serious, touching on themes of domestic abuse, but the vids are lovely all the same.  The first is a monologue (with a touch of the Alan Bennetts about it I think).  Then there are three more that each have her in conversation with someone else.

The latest one was only released a few days ago, I hope they'll make a couple more.

Episode 1: youtube.com/watch?v=cuv4BHwnimI&
Episode 2: youtube.com/watch?v=juSQwmYBKV8&
Episode 3: youtube.com/watch?v=pZkC8MLzR3s&
Episode 4: youtube.com/watch?v=W8ajJY0ZR8U&

Jon Stewart 03 Jan 2021
In reply to deepsoup:

Great recommendation, thanks!

mary 03 Jan 2021
In reply to deepsoup:

Thanks lovely.

Wicamoi 03 Jan 2021
In reply to deepsoup:

Thanks - those are great.

planetmarshall 03 Jan 2021
In reply to deepsoup:

> A friend pointed me at some short youtube videos of her doing some straight acting, and they're wonderful.  The subject matter is serious, touching on themes of domestic abuse, but the vids are lovely all the same.

I believe she had a particularly rough upbringing, I suspect it may not have involved a great deal of acting - not to take away anything from her performance.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...