Iggy Pop on 6music

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 aln 30 Nov 2018

I listened to this tonight for the 1st time in ages, fantastic stuff. A really eclectic musical selection, and Iggy's laconic delivery is so mellow and relaxing, such a contrast with his earlier wild man self.

nathan79 30 Nov 2018
In reply to aln:

Never listened to Iggy's show, but in the same sort of vein Alice Cooper's weeknight's show on Planet Rock always pleases me. 

neilh 01 Dec 2018
In reply to aln:

He is excellent . His voice is fantastic.  

Captain Solo 01 Dec 2018
In reply to aln:

I think it's the mark of a true genius if you can afford to kill off a few brain cells in your excessive past but still come across as a fairly erudite individual.

Oldbro3 05 Dec 2018
In reply to aln:

Can't beat a bit of Iggy, 

Have you heard his collaboration with Underworld, Belle's and circles. 

I

deepsoup 05 Dec 2018
In reply to aln:

> Iggy's laconic delivery is so mellow and relaxing, such a contrast with his earlier wild man self.

It is wonderful stuff.  I download them to listen to whilst driving.

I don't think I've ever heard anyone present a radio show who enjoys and plays such an eclectic range of music of all sorts of different genres.  Possibly not even John Peel.

FWIW, I don't think he has mellowed with age that much, it's more that his 'wild man self' was always a stage persona.  (Have you ever seen/heard the thing where Henry Rollins talks about trying to compete with Iggy Pop?  If not you should seek it out on youtube, it's wonderful.)

It's billed as Iggy Confidential (though he himself always refers to it as 'The Confidential Show'), but as it turns out it isn't actually presented by Iggy Pop at all.  It's really presented by Jim Osterberg, the Jekyll to Iggy's Hyde.

deepsoup 05 Dec 2018
In reply to Oldbro3:

> Have you heard his collaboration with Underworld

Did you hear the episode of Confidential back in the Summer that he co-presented with Underworld?  It was a particularly good one.

DerwentDiluted 05 Dec 2018
In reply to deepsoup:

(Have you ever seen/heard the thing where Henry Rollins talks about trying to compete with Iggy Pop?  If not you should seek it out on youtube, it's wonderful.)

I'll second that.

lorentz 06 Dec 2018
In reply to Oldbro3:

Check out his cameo on last New Order album also. 

youtube.com/watch?v=KJi3GdpPCPE&

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...